ADVANCED ACTORS’ SHOWCASE
Into The Woods, JR.
Book by James Lapine
Music & Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Based on Classic Fairy Tales
Presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI).
All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI.
Ages 12-18 | In-Person
COVID Safety Guideline: Please be assured that all in-person programs will follow strict safety protocols required by George Mason University and are subject to pivoting to all virtual platforms if health and safety conditions warrant. Required protocols will include masks, physical distancing, Mason COVID health checks, and more. Please visit our COVID Safety Guidelines for all in-person programs. We will be routinely updating the information as it evolves. Stay informed by visiting our website and looking out for email alerts and other Academy communications.
Be careful what you wish for, as fairytales come to life in this adaptation of the groundbreaking, Tony Award-winning musical by James Lapine and the late, great Stephen Sondheim. Into the Woods JR. features favorite characters — Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack (and his beanstalk), the Witch and many more — in this lyrically rich retelling of classic Brothers Grimm fables.
Our showcase program gives student actors the opportunity to receive top-level training as they work in an ensemble with their peers towards a final performance. The rehearsal process allows students to work with professional directors, actors, and choreographers. This is an intensive program, and one that provides actors with pride of ownership as they develop skills as performers and develop confidence in their off-stage lives.
All students registered for this program will be cast in the show. The cast includes roles for new and experienced actors, singers and non-singers alike. Solos, as well as ensemble singing opportunities, are available. More information and instructions will be emailed to registrants before the start of the program.
Students are expected to attend all rehearsals and all performances for their assigned cast.
Semester: Spring 2022
Ages: 9 – 15
Dates: Saturdays, February 12 – May 21, 2022 (no rehearsal February 19, April 9, April 16)
Time: 1:00pm – 4:30pm
NEW! Location: Expectation Church, 11924 Braddock Road, Fairfax, VA 22030 See Map
- Students should break a hearty snack for their snack break. Please, do not bring any nut products.
- There will be an additional evening rehearsal in the performance space the week of May 31 – June 3, day/time to be announced.
- Cost includes all rehearsals and performance weekend, and a show T-shirt.
Date: Saturday, June 4 and Sunday, June 5, 2022
Location: Harris Theatre, GMU Fairfax Campus
*Live Audiences dependent on current Mason Covid Health Guidelines
Registration opens on December 8, 2021.
“AFYP Member” Only Registration: 5:30pm-7:30pm
How to become an “AFYP Member”
General Public Registration opens at 8:00pm
If the program you would like to enroll in is full, please join our waitlist and our staff will be in touch with you with updates by email. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details.
- A $10 late registration fee will apply starting the Friday prior to the start of the program
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.