MINI ACTORS’ SHOWCASE
COVID Safety Guideline: Mason Community Arts Academy follows all safety protocols required by George Mason University. Visit our COVID Safety Guidelines for more information.
Join classic characters from the Dr. Seuss books as they come together in a brand new tale.
In this 60-minute acting for kids class, our youngest actors are introduced to the building blocks of acting and theater. Great for new and returning actors, this class encourages students to use their imaginations in a fun and safe environment, and gain confidence as they learn the process of putting on a play. In addition to growing through acting training, the cast will have the opportunity to share their work in a final presentation at the end of the session.
Students are expected to attend all rehearsals and their performance.
The Mini Actors’ Showcase is a recommended prerequisite for our other programs and we recommend a minimum of two sessions at this level of study.
Semester: Fall 2022
Dates: Saturdays, September 10–November 19, 2022 (No rehearsal November 26)
Time: 9:00–10:00 AM*
Location: Expectation Church, 11924 Braddock Road, Fairfax, VA 22030
*Final classes of the session may extend by 30 minutes (to be determined)
Date: Saturday, December 3rd
Location: Theater Space, GMU Fairfax Campus
Cost includes all rehearsals and performance, and a show T-shirt.
- Mask & PPE Requirements—Masks are optional, but strongly recommended, for students and faculty in all programming. This policy is subject to change, and we will keep you apprised of additional updates. *See University Policy on Face Coverings for full details.
- COVID Vaccination: Schedule your vaccine today >>
Registration opens on Tuesday, Jul 26, 2022.
“AFYP Member” Only Registration: 5:30pm-7:30pm
How to become an “AFYP Member”
General Public Registration opens at 8:00pm
If the program you would like to enroll in is full, please join our waitlist and our staff will be in touch with you with updates by email. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details.
- A $10 late registration fee will apply starting the Friday prior to the start of the program
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.