Rockin’ Robin Hood
Ages 9-15 | In-Person
By Rebecca Wahls
Spring 2022 Registration Will Be Announced Soon!
Join our email list to stay up to date on new class offerings
COVID Safety Guideline: Please be assured that all in-person programs will follow strict safety protocols required by George Mason University and are subject to pivoting to all virtual platforms if health and safety conditions warrant. Required protocols will include masks, physical distancing, Mason COVID health checks, and more. Please visit our COVID Safety Guidelines for all in-person programs. We will be routinely updating the information as it evolves. Stay informed by visiting our website and looking out for email alerts and other Academy communications.
Sherwood Forest and Notthingham are rockin’ like never before! Classic characters Robin Hood and his band of merry men (and women!) sing and dance their way through a mixtape of classic pop hits on their quest to help the inhabitants of their village.
Our showcase program gives student actors the opportunity to receive top-level training as they work in an ensemble with their peers towards a final performance. The rehearsal process allows students to work with professional directors, actors, and choreographers. This is an intensive program, and one that provides actors with pride of ownership as they develop skills as performers and develop confidence in their off-stage lives.
All students registered for this program will be cast in the show. The cast includes roles for new and experienced actors, singers, and non-singers alike. Solos, as well as ensemble singing opportunities, are available. More information and instructions will be emailed to registrants before the start of the program.
Semester: Fall 2021
Ages: 9 – 15
Dates: Saturdays, September 11–November 20, 2021 (No rehearsal on November 27)
Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm (Cast 1 & 2) | 1:00 – 4:00 pm (Cast 3)
Location: Mason Community Arts Academy Building in Fairfax, VA
Date: TBA, Saturday, December 4 OR Sunday, December 5, 2021 (recorded)
Location: TheaterSpace, Mason Fairfax Campus
- All individuals must wear CDC-recommended face masks indoors regardless of vaccination status. Unvaccinated individuals are required to continue to wear masks outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Recommended but not required: Singer Mask
Option 1 | Option 2 | Option 3 | Option 4 | Option 5 | Option 6 | Option 7 | Option 8
- COVID Vaccination: The Academy expects all students who meet the age requirement to be vaccinated. Please be sure to report your vaccine status in the health form upon arrival.
- Student should break a non-perishable, nut-free snack for their snack break.
- Cost includes all rehearsals, pre-recorded presentation, and a show t-shirt.
- Students are expected to attend all rehearsals and their performances.
- There will be an additional evening rehearsal in the performance space the week of November 29-December 3, day/time to be announced.
9 am–12 pm Registration closed.
1–4 pm Registration closed.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details.
- A $10 late registration fee will apply starting the Friday prior to the start of the program
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Advanced Actors’ Showcase
Sept. 11–Dec. 4, 2021 (12 weeks)
Saturdays, 10–11:30 am
Sept. 25–Nov. 20, 2021 (8 weeks)