Advanced Actors’ Showcase
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast JR.
COVID Safety Guideline: Mason Community Arts Academy follows all safety protocols required by George Mason University. Visit our COVID Safety Guidelines for more information.
Music by Alan Menken
Lyrics by Howard Ashman & Tim Rice
Book by Linda Woolverton
Produced by Special Arrangement with Music Theatre International
Based on the original Broadway production and the Award-Winning animated film, this classic story tells of Belle, a young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, who is really a young prince trapped under the spell of an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will be transformed to his former self. But time is running out. If the Beast does not learn his lesson soon, he and his household will be doomed for all eternity. With colorful characters, including Cogsworth the clock, Lumiere the candelabra, and a host of others, this “tale as old as time” will delight actors and audiences alike!
Our showcase program gives student actors the opportunity to receive top-level training as they work in an ensemble with their peers towards a final performance. The rehearsal process allows students to work with professional directors, actors, and choreographers. This is an intensive program, and one that provides actors with pride of ownership as they develop skills as performers and develop confidence in their off-stage lives.
All students registered for this program will be cast in the show. While our Advanced actors work at an accelerated pace, the show includes roles for new and experienced performers. Solos, as well as ensemble singing opportunities, are available. More information and instructions will be emailed to registrants before the start of the program.
Students are expected to attend all rehearsals and all performances for their assigned cast.
Semester: Spring 2023
Dates: Saturdays, February 11 – May 20 (No rehearsal February 18, April 1, April 8)
Time: 1:30-4:30 pm
Location: Expectation Church, 11924 Braddock Road, Fairfax, VA 22030
Date: Saturday, June 3 & June 4
Time: 7:30 pm
Location: Harris Theater, George Mason University Fairfax Campus
- Students should bring a hearty snack for their snack break. Please, do not bring any nut products.
- There will be an additional evening rehearsal in the performance space the week of May 30-June 2, day/time to be announced.
- Cost includes all rehearsals and performance, and a show T-shirt.
Registration opens on Wednesday, December 7, 2022.
“AFYP Member” Only Registration: 6:00 pm-7:30 pm
How to become an “AFYP Member”
General Public Registration opens at 8:00 pm
If the program you would like to enroll in is full, please join our waitlist and our staff will be in touch with you with updates by email. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details.
- Online registration closes 2 business days before the first class, however space may still be available. Please contact email@example.com for more information. A $10 late registration fee may apply.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.