Summer 2021 Online Programs Now Open!
EXPANDING YOUR MUSICAL THEATER REPERTOIRE ONLINE
Feel like your knowledge of musical theatre is limited to the last decade or two, but unsure where to start looking for new repertoire? Want to update your knowledge and also learn some new songs? This is the class for you. Students will be introduced to selections from musical theatre’s inception in the 1920’s all the way through to the present day. In addition to significant shows and songs, we will also touch on the important composers and performers who have helped develop the genre. Repertoire will be selected primarily to aid in giving students an expanded range of age-appropriate audition material that will showcase their vocal range and personal strengths.
Each day will include time spent actively learning audition cuts for 2 songs—by the end of the week, students will have as many as 8 new songs in their repertoire. We’ll also spend time discussing how to create an audition book, how to combat audition anxiety, and how to prepare for and approach auditions. Students will be provided with a curated list of age-appropriate selections for all voice parts, and a suggested filmography to encourage continued growth in their own time. This informative, animated program is perfect for students with an interest in singing and musical theater, and for any vocal students planning to audition for special programs, school shows/groups, or universities.
Note: Openings are limited, so early registration is encouraged.
Ages: 12 – 18
Date: July 6 – 9, 2021 (T-F)
Time: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm EST
Discount: Register by June 5 for $10 off
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
Sample Daily Schedule
——Combating audition anxiety
——Preparing a repertoire book
——How to interact with an accompanist
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
4 GB of RAM
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
Read about Ms. Eiting
Before her career in education, Ms. Eiting worked for many years as an actor, music director, pianist, and stage manager at a number of regional theatres around the country, spent some time singing on a cruise ship, and toured the country with a familiar children’s show. Ms. Eiting has performed her solo cabaret show- “Standing in the Middle of the Road” at Danny’s Skylight Room (New York) and Speakeasy Stage Company (Boston), where it received positive mention from Cabaret Scenes Magazine. Ms. Eiting has performed as a solo artist at the Kennedy Center on a concert featuring the music of Scott Evan Davis. She has worked in New York with composers Jason Robert Brown, Lance Horne, Brian Lowdermilk and Scott Evan Davis. Ms. Eiting holds a bachelors’s degree in Music Education from George Mason University. She has additional training in Musical Theatre from Interlochen Arts Program in Traverse City, MI. Ms. Eiting lives in Alexandria with her husband and 4.5 year old daughter, Nora.
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our FAQs and policies and procedures regarding registration, safety protocols, curriculum, technology, and more for summer programs.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the program starts with all necessary details including camp schedule, supply list, web links, etc. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.