Fall 2020 registration is open!
INTRO TO DRAWING FOR TEENS & ADULTS
Open to Art Lovers of All Levels.
In this online course, emphasis is placed on points of view and the illusion of depth in still life and landscape drawing. Instruction will include 1-point, 2-point, and 3-point perspective in landscapes/cityscapes as well as multiple points of view in still life drawings. Students practice using size, placement, overlapping, multiple ground lines, value, and texture to enhance the illusion of depth in pencil and charcoal drawings. Previous drawing experience is welcomed, but not required for this course.
Dates: Saturdays, Oct. 3 – Oct. 24, 2020 (4 weeks)
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Tuition: $200 (A $10 late fee will be added after Wednesday, September 30)
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Students will be responsible for purchasing their own supplies: a sketchpad, pencils, pencil sharpener, eraser, and ruler.
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
4 GB of RAM
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
Art Educator in Fairfax County, VA
Read about Ms. Parsons
In the Summers, Ms. Parsons continues to teach visual art classes with the Institute for the Arts, where she has been working since 2012. Her classes range from Foundational Drawing to Fused Glass, Jewelry & Metals, and Fiber Arts. Ms. Parsons has also taught at a summer sewing camp in Fairfax for The Handwork Studio, based out of Pennsylvania. This year, Ms. Parsons has transitioned to online classes for both MCAA and The Handwork Studio, as well as online distance learning for her art classes in Fairfax County Public Schools.
Ms. Parsons lives in Fairfax County with her two adult children (and their two dogs). She is also a non-medical volunteer for the Fairfax Medical Reserve Corp. Ms. Parsons has participated in trainings, exercises, and drills since 2009, and is proud to help out in Fairfax during 2020’s quarantine due to the Coronavirus.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details including class schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Mondays, 8–9 pm
Oct. 17–Noc. 11, 2020
Mondays, 6–7 pm
Oct. 5–Nov. 30, 2020