DIGITAL ARTISTRY: CARTOON ANIMATION ONLINE
Design and animate your very own cartoon!
Do you love comics and cartoons? Maybe a particular style of Anime has caught your eye? Whether it is a cartoon strip in the local paper or a feature film with hundreds of animators, it is all cartoons in one form or another. Students will look at some of the common components and improve their skills by examining elements such as character design, art styles, storyboarding, framing, and timing. There is no one definitive style of cartoon, and so too will students learn to appreciate, improve, or adjust their skills in the wonderful world of cartooning.
Hands-on for Students, Hands-off for Parents: Students will explore the artistic process with a STEAM approach and seek creative solutions alongside other students their age. Through guided projects and peer feedback, students will have the opportunity to interact with other artists and share their interests in all things anime!
Ages: 11 – 18
Dates: April 17 – May 22, 2021 (6 weeks)
Times: Saturdays, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Access to one of the following software: Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Premiere is recommended, or Free software options Krita and/or ShotCut
(Please note: Instructors will not be able to assist students with software other than those listed above.)
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
8 GB of RAM (tablets may not be fast enough to work with software)
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
Registration is full. Please join our waitlist!
Read more about Mr. Rhoades
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details including class schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
The Art of Voiceover
Tuesdays, 5–6:15 pm EST
Apr. 13–May 18, 2021