Spring 2021 Registration is Open!
THE ART OF DIGITAL EDITING ONLINE
Master the Art of Digital Editing for Your Photos and Videos!
Digital photos, digital videos, animation, and art files; We interact with these forms of visual media every day online, on the TV, and on social media, through our phones and computers. These visuals have never been more accessible and can be altered and edited with digital editing software on a personal computer. Through live instruction, guided tutorials, and practice both in and outside the virtual classroom, students will learn the essentials of video editing and photo manipulation to transform and polish their content.
Students will start with the basics of cropping and color correction, and move on to digital compositing, text manipulation, and file conversion. We won’t be making deepfakes, but students of all levels will be able to improve their skills whether for making those Instagram filters pop or for tweaking the highlight reel from your latest soccer game.
New STEAM Curriculum: Students will explore the artistic process with a STEAM approach and seek creative solutions alongside other students their age. Through guided projects and peer feedback, students will have the opportunity to interact with other artists and share their interests in all things digital editing!
Ages: 11 – 18
Dates: February 20 – March 27, 2021 (6 weeks)
Times: Saturdays, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
Tuition: $171 (A $10 late fee will be added after Wednesday, February 17)
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Access to one of the following software: Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Premiere is recommended, or Free software options Krita and/or ShotCut
(Please note: Instructors will not be able to assist students with software other than those listed above.)
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
8 GB of RAM (tablets may not be fast enough to work with software)
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
Read more about Mr. Rhoades
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details including class schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Digital Illustration: Story Creation
Saturdays, 9–10 am EST
Feb. 20–Mar. 27, 2021
Vocal Studio Session
6:30-7:30 pm EST
Thursdays, Mar. 4–25, 2021