INTRO TO DRAWING FOR ADULTS
Ages 16+ | In-Person
Spring 2022 Registration Will Be Announced in November!
Join our email list to stay up to date on new program offerings
COVID Safety Guideline: Please be assured that all in-person programs will follow strict safety protocols required by George Mason University and are subject to pivoting to all virtual platforms if health and safety conditions warrant. Please visit our COVID Safety Guidelines for all in-person programs.
In this class, students will develop basic observational and perceptual drawing skills. Using a variety of media and methods, students learn fundamental approaches to interpreting visual forms. Through the expressive use of line, shape, value, texture, and composition, students gain an understanding of how drawing is used as a means of creative exploration and communication, in turn, strengthening personal expression.
Note: This class is open to very beginners and students with experience who want to continue their studies and increase their skills.
Dates: Saturdays, September 25 – November 20, 2021 (8 weeks)
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Skip Date: October 9
Tuition: $300 + $40 supply fee
Location: Mason Fairfax Campus, Art & Design Building
- All individuals must wear CDC-recommended face masks indoors regardless of vaccination status. Unvaccinated individuals are required to continue to wear masks outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- COVID Vaccination: The Academy expects all students who meet the age requirement to be vaccinated. Please be sure to report your vaccine status in the health form upon arrival.
Art Educator in Fairfax County, VA
Read about Ms. Parsons
In the Summers, Ms. Parsons continues to teach visual art classes with the Institute for the Arts, where she has been working since 2012. Her classes range from Foundational Drawing to Fused Glass, Jewelry & Metals, and Fiber Arts. Ms. Parsons has also taught at a summer sewing camp in Fairfax for The Handwork Studio, based out of Pennsylvania. This year, Ms. Parsons has transitioned to online classes for both MCAA and The Handwork Studio, as well as online distance learning for her art classes in Fairfax County Public Schools.
Ms. Parsons lives in Fairfax County with her two adult children (and their two dogs). She is also a non-medical volunteer for the Fairfax Medical Reserve Corp. Ms. Parsons has participated in trainings, exercises, and drills since 2009, and is proud to help out in Fairfax during 2020’s quarantine due to the Coronavirus.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details.
- A $10 late registration fee will apply starting the Friday prior to the start of the program
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Adult Guitar Class Level 1
Mondays, 6:30–7:30 pm
Sept. 20–Nov. 29, 2021 (10 weeks)
Adult Ukulele Level 1
Wednesdays, 5:45–6:45 pm
Sept. 22–Dec. 8, 2021 (10 weeks)