INTRO TO OIL PAINTING FOR ADULTS
Ages 16+ | In-Person
Spring 2022 Registration Will Be Announced Soon!
Join our email list to stay up to date on new class offerings
COVID Safety Guideline: Please be assured that all in-person programs will follow strict safety protocols required by George Mason University and are subject to pivoting to all virtual platforms if health and safety conditions warrant. Please visit our COVID Safety Guidelines for all in-person programs.
All Levels Welcome!
This course is for new as well as more experienced students. New students will get an introduction to the materials, tools, and techniques used in oil painting. You will be instructed in the skills and methods through lectures, demonstrations, and one-on-one instruction. Everyone will work from observation to progress and become skilled and confident in controlling the medium and understanding the process of creating a work of art with oil paint. You will learn to use color to express form and value, analyze and paint color and plane changes, and depict transitions using warm and cool hues. No prior painting experience is necessary. Students of different levels are encouraged to join as the instructor will offer one-on-one help with individual projects throughout the semester.
Dates: Saturdays, October 2 – November 20, 2021 (8 weeks)
Time: 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
Tuition: $300 + $45 supply fee
Location: Mason Fairfax Campus, Art & Design Building
- All individuals must wear CDC-recommended face masks indoors regardless of vaccination status. Unvaccinated individuals are required to continue to wear masks outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- COVID Vaccination: The Academy expects all students who meet the age requirement to be vaccinated. Please be sure to report your vaccine status in the health form upon arrival.
Mason School of Art Graduate Lecturer
Read about Ms. Benge
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details.
- A $10 late registration fee will apply starting the Friday prior to the start of the program.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Adult Guitar Class Level 1
Mondays, 6:30–7:30 pm
Sept. 20–Nov. 29, 2021 (10 weeks)
Adult Ukulele Level 1
Wednesdays, 5:45–6:45 pm
Sept. 22–Dec. 8, 2021 (10 weeks)