Please be assured that our in-person programs will follow strict safety protocols required by George Mason University and are subject to pivoting to all virtual platforms if health and safety conditions warrant. We are working closely with Mason officials to provide a safe environment for students, faculty, and staff. We will be routinely updating the information as it evolves. Stay informed by visiting our website and through other Academy alerts and communication.
- Mask & PPE Requirements—All individuals must wear CDC-recommended face masks indoors regardless of vaccination status. Specialized singing masks are highly recommended for vocal and acting students. Unvaccinated individuals are required to continue to wear masks outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained. *See University Policy on Face Coverings for full details.
- COVID Vaccination Requirements: Schedule your vaccine today >>
Students—The Academy expects all students who meet the age requirement to be vaccinated. We are working with the University to establish a verification process and will be reaching out to enrolled students with details when more information is available.
Faculty & Staff—Per Mason policy, all faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated, and to share verification of their vaccination status, in order to teach in-person classes and work on campus and within all University facilities. The University will of course approve appropriate exemptions for medical and religious reasons. Faculty and staff who are exempted for medical and religious reasons must wear a mask at all times, remain socially distanced from the students, and will have to take a weekly covid test prior to the class.
- Classroom Capacity—Each classroom has a reduced capacity due to physical distancing and Mason COVID safety guidelines. The room capacity generally is about 6-20 depending on the classroom size. Classrooms will be reserved to host one unique program per space. University Office of Environmental Health and Safety has certified safe airflow quality in all classrooms.
- Sanitization Standards—Essential equipment will remain unique to each student each day, and students are required to bring their own writing supplies. Academy faculty and staff will clean and sanitize shared equipment, such as music stands, keyboards, and high-touch surfaces, throughout the day. All buildings and classrooms will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected each night by Mason’s custodial staff.
- In the event that a participant, faculty, and/or staff member becomes ill or reports a positive COVID test, the Academy will work closely with the University Office of Environmental Health and Safety to mitigate the situation appropriately and communicate information to families quickly and effectively.
- Please refer to the program Welcome Letters and Academy communication for all check-in and check-out logistics and procedures.
- Students must complete Mason Covid Health Checks and will be asked to provide digital or printed confirmation at check-in. If a parent/guardian has multiple children attending, they will be able to complete one Mason Covid Health Check per family. Please complete before entering the check-in line. (See instructions).
- To ensure everyone’s safety, please follow all instructions for check-in/check-out procedures given by onsite Academy staff.