Safety is our main concern. The Academy will continue to work with the University to update all Covid related protocols as the situation evolves. We are working closely with Mason officials to provide a safe environment for students, faculty, and staff. Stay informed of any changes by visiting our website and through other Academy alerts and email communication.
- Mask & PPE Requirements—Under guidance from George Mason University, Mason Community Arts Academy strongly recommends masks in all programs and lessons, specifically in those serving students ages 2-5 years old. This policy is subject to change, and we will keep you apprised of additional updates. *See University Policy on Face Coverings for full details.
- COVID Vaccination: Schedule your vaccine today >>
- Classroom Capacity—Each classroom has a reduced capacity due to physical distancing and Mason COVID safety guidelines. The room capacity generally is about 6-20 depending on the classroom size. Classrooms will be reserved to host one unique program per space. University Office of Environmental Health and Safety has certified safe airflow quality in all classrooms.
- Sanitization Standards—Academy faculty and staff will clean and sanitize shared equipment, such as music stands, keyboards, and high-touch surfaces, throughout the day. All buildings and classrooms will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected each night by Mason’s custodial staff.
- Confirmed Exposure/Positive Test—In the event that a participant, faculty, and/or staff member becomes ill or reports a positive COVID test, the Academy will work closely with the University Office of Environmental Health and Safety to mitigate the situation appropriately and communicate information to families quickly and effectively.