Adult Piano Level 1
COVID Safety Guideline: Mason Community Arts Academy follows all safety protocols required by George Mason University. Visit our COVID Safety Guidelines for more information.
Our Adult Piano Level 1 course is a beginner adult piano class for those with little or no previous keyboard experience. Students will be introduced to the piano and basic music reading/theory. A portion of each class will include individual instruction time, with practice time on a digital piano the entire class. If you have always wanted to play the piano, or just want to try something new, this class is for you!
Time: Tuesdays, 6:00–7:00 PM
Dates: September 20–November 22 (10 weeks)
Tuition: $285 + $20 music fee
Location: Mason Community Arts Academy Building in Fairfax, VA
- Mask & PPE Requirements—Masks are optional, but strongly recommended, for students and faculty in all programming. This policy is subject to change, and we will keep you apprised of additional updates. *See University Policy on Face Coverings for full details.
- COVID Vaccination: Schedule your vaccine today >>
Registration is closed.
Dr. Misha Tumanov
Academy Teaching Artist
Read about Dr. Tumanov
Mr. Tumanov has taught in the DC area since 2010. Previously, he taught at the National University of Costa Rica, the Instituto Superior de Artes, and Ball State (both private lessons and group classes). Mr. Tumanov has also taught group classes at George Mason University and the University of Maryland. He has been often invited back to Costa Rica to work with students preparing for competitions and major performances, most notably the International Competition of Slav Music 2009 and 2010, where the students received two Second Prizes and one Third Prize. Mr. Tumanov’s students have performed at the Carnegie Hall, Kennedy Center, as well as prominent local venues.
Mr. Tumanov’s experience as a teacher ranges from 4-year-old beginners to advanced adults. Mr. Tumanov is passionate about guiding his students to find their own artistic voice and discovering the joy of music.
Mr. Tumanov has participated in masterclasses with such distinguished pianists and teachers as Gyorgy Sandor, Alexander Braginsky, Alexander Kobrin, Jerome Rose, and Jonathan Biss. In 2006 he released a CD featuring works by Bach, Mozart, Chopin, Schumann, and Rachmaninov.
Mr. Tumanov is a frequent performer at festivals and conferences, both as a solo and collaborative pianist, including the International Double Reed Society conference, MTNA, Piano Technicians Guild, and Orfeo Music Festival in Italy. He has been a featured soloist with the National Symphony Orchestra of Ukraine, the National and Youth Symphony Orchestras of Costa Rica, as well as the Ball State Symphony Orchestra. Mr. Tumanov has won numerous awards and competitions, including second place at the East-Central Division of the MTNA National Competition, the Indianapolis Matinee Musicale, and 1st Prize at the Pinault International Competition in New York.
In addition, Mr. Tumanov is the pianist/organist and Concert Series Coordinator at the United Christian Parish in Reston, VA.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details.
- A $10 late registration fee will apply starting the Friday prior to the start of the program
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Adult Guitar Class Level 1
Mondays, 6:30–7:30 pm
September 19–November 21, 2022 (10 weeks)
Adult Ukulele Level 1
Wednesdays, 6:45–7:45 PM
September 21–October 19, 2022 (5 weeks)