“Back to Basics”
Beginner Piano Level 2 for Adults 55+
COVID Safety Guideline: Mason Community Arts Academy follows all safety protocols required by George Mason University. Visit our COVID Safety Guidelines for more information.
Learn alongside your peers and one-on-one with Teaching Artist, Dr. Ina Mirtcheva Blevins. This class is specifically designed to provide a relaxed and stress-free environment for students who have experience with piano beyond Beginner Level 1, but who might not be quite ready for Intermediate Level studies. Enjoy making music in this supportive group class setting.
Students are welcome to join and repeat this class multiple times until they are comfortable moving on to the intermediate class. The instructor is prepared to encourage and work with students at different levels during this class.
Dates: Wednesdays, September 21–November 30, 2022 (10 weeks)
Time: 11:45 AM–12:45 PM
Skip Dates: November 23
Tuition: $255 + $20 music fee
Location: Mason Community Arts Academy Building in Fairfax, VA
- Mask & PPE Requirements—Masks are optional, but strongly recommended, for students and faculty in all programming. This policy is subject to change, and we will keep you apprised of additional updates. *See University Policy on Face Coverings for full details.
- COVID Vaccination: Schedule your vaccine today >>
Registration is closed.
Read about Dr. Mirtcheva
Dr. Ina Radeva Mirtcheva Blevins
Academy Teaching Artist
She has performed in numerous recitals as a soloist and with chamber music ensembles at venues including The Kennedy Center, the Smithsonian Institution, Werner Recital Hall, Prosels Castle, and The Lyceum. She has also performed internationally in Italy, Holland, Poland, Bulgaria, and Canada. In 2003, Dr. Mirtcheva was a Mason Concerto Competition winner and performed with the George Mason Symphony Orchestra. She has also participated in the Interharmony International Music Festivals in Soesterberg, Netherlands, in their 2003 and 2004 seasons, and in The Berkshires in 2007. In August 2009, she won the Schlern International Competition. In the summer of 2010, she performed in Poland as part of the Mozart Plus Festival, and in Vipiteno, Italy, at the Orfeo International Music Festival.
Dr. Mirtcheva earned her Bachelor and Master of Music in Piano Performance from George Mason University, studying piano with Dr. Anna Balakerskaia. She earned a second Master’s degree in Instrumental Collaborative Piano at the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, where she had a full graduate scholarship and assistantship and studied piano and chamber music with James Tocco and Sandra Rivers. She recently completed her Doctorate in Musical Arts at George Mason University and is performing in the Washington Metropolitan Area.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details.
- A $10 late registration fee will apply starting the Friday prior to the start of the program
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Adult Guitar Class Level 1
Mondays, 6:30–7:30 pm
September 19–November 21, 2022 (10 weeks)
Foundations of Drawing
Saturdays, 10:00 AM–12:00 PM
September 24–November 12, 2022 (8 weeks)