Learn how to develop your child’s music appreciation, musical ear, motor skills and cognitive function, all while doing fun musical play. Each week students will experience a different instrument family including voice, keyboard, strings, wind, and percussion. It is a great way to find out what interests them most!
Returning students are welcome! New songs and materials will be introduced each session.
Ages: 4-6 years
Time: 4:30-5:30 pm
Session A: February 28 – March 28, 2023 (5 weeks)
Session B: April 11 – May 9, 2023 (5 weeks)
Location: Mason Community Arts Academy Building in Fairfax, VA
Covid Safety Information
- Mason Community Arts Academy follows all safety protocols required by George Mason University. Visit our COVID Safety Guidelines for more information.
- Mask & PPE Requirements—Masks are optional, but strongly recommended, for students and faculty in all programming. *See University Policy on Face Coverings for full details.
- George Mason Offers Covid Vaccine Appointments
Session A: Tuesdays, 4:30-5:30 pm
February 28 – March 28, 2023
Session B: Tuesdays, 4:30-5:30 pm
April 11 – May 9, 2023
Read about Jenna
JennaMarie Warfield is a performer, musician, and educator in the Northern Virginia area. She strives to share her love for the beauty and power of music with all those she meets. As an educator, Ms. Warfield has over a decade of experience. She enjoys teaching in her private flute studio and serving as the Program Director and Instructor at the Virtual Flute Academy. Many of her students have placed in district bands, won local competitions and have successfully auditioned into college music programs, such as Shenandoah Music Conservatory and Berklee School of Music. Ms. Warfield has developed programs and curriculum for group classes and has taught early childhood music at local Montessori Schools and in group lesson settings. As a soloist, Ms. Warfield was winner of the Mason Wind Symphony Solo Competition, the NFA Performers Masterclass, and a prize winner in the Masters Players Soloist Competition and Louis Vyner Competition. She performed in the Julius Baker Masterclass and was featured three consecutive summers at the Annual New England Conservatory Summer Metropolitan Flute Festival Orchestra. Ms. Warfield currently serves as Second Flute in the Manassas Symphony and Old Bridge Chamber Orchestras and Third Flute/Piccolo in the Symphony of Northern Virginia. She received degrees from Millersville University and George Mason University, studying with Julianna Nickel, Dr. William Montgomery, Mr. Joel Behrens, Mrs. Lana Behrens, and Dr. Linda Kirkpatrick
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details.
- A $10 late registration fee will apply starting the Friday prior to the start of the program
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.