INTERMEDIATE PIANO FOR ADULTS 55+
Adult 55+ | In-Person
Spring 2022 Registration is Open!
COVID Safety Guideline: Please be assured that all in-person programs will follow strict safety protocols required by George Mason University and are subject to pivoting to all virtual platforms if health and safety conditions warrant. Required protocols will include masks, physical distancing, Mason COVID health checks, and more. Please visit our COVID Safety Guidelines for all in-person programs. We will be routinely updating the information as it evolves. Stay informed by visiting our website and looking out for email alerts and other Academy communications.
This Piano class is intended for older adults 55+ who have had at least one year of piano lessons (recently). Learn alongside your peers who have similar interests and life experiences. This class is specifically designed to provide a relaxed and stress-free environment. If you are not sure of your current skill level, our instructor can help you determine the best placement.
Dates: Wednesdays, January 26 – April 27, 2021 (10 weeks)
Time: 10:30 – 11:30 am
Skip Dates: February 9 | March 9 | April 6 | April 13
Tuition: $255 + $20 music fee
Location: Mason Community Arts Academy Building in Fairfax, VA
- All individuals must wear CDC-recommended face masks indoors regardless of vaccination status. Unvaccinated individuals are required to continue to wear masks outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- COVID Vaccination: The Academy expects all students who meet the age requirement to be vaccinated. Please be sure to report your vaccine status in the health form upon arrival.
She has performed in numerous recitals as a soloist and with chamber music ensembles at venues including The Kennedy Center, the Smithsonian Institution, Werner Recital Hall, Prosels Castle, and The Lyceum. She has also performed internationally in Italy, Holland, Poland, Bulgaria, and Canada. In 2003, Dr. Mirtcheva was a Mason Concerto Competition winner and performed with the George Mason Symphony Orchestra. She has also participated in the Interharmony International Music Festivals in Soesterberg, Netherlands, in their 2003 and 2004 seasons, and in The Berkshires in 2007. In August 2009, she won the Schlern International Competition. In the summer of 2010, she performed in Poland as part of the Mozart Plus Festival, and in Vipiteno, Italy, at the Orfeo International Music Festival.
Dr. Mirtcheva earned her Bachelor and Master of Music in Piano Performance from George Mason University, studying piano with Dr. Anna Balakerskaia. She earned a second Master’s degree in Instrumental Collaborative Piano at the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, where she had a full graduate scholarship and assistantship and studied piano and chamber music with James Tocco and Sandra Rivers. She recently completed her Doctorate in Musical Arts at George Mason University and is performing in the Washington Metropolitan Area.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details.
- A $10 late registration fee will apply starting the Friday prior to the start of the program
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Beginner Piano for Adults 55+
Wednesdays, 11:45 am–12:45 pm
Mar. 2–May 11, 2022 (10 weeks)
Intro to Drawing:
Faces & Figures
Saturdays, 10 am–12 pm
Feb. 19–Apr. 23, 2022 (8 weeks)