Fall 2020 registration is open!
BEGINNING PIANO ONLINE
Have you always wanted to play the piano? Here’s your chance to check it off of your bucket list. Learn alongside your peers who have similar interests and life experiences. This class is specifically designed to provide a relaxed and stress-free environment. Enjoy making music in this supportive and social setting.
Note: Students are responsible for purchasing their own Piano Lesson Book (see requirements below).
Time: 10:30 – 11:30 am EST
Dates: Thursdays, Oct. 8 – Dec. 3, 2020
Skip Date: Nov. 26
Tuition: $228 (A $10 late fee will be added after Tuesday, Oct. 6)
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Students will need to have a piano or keyboard at home
- Alfred Adult All in One Course Level 1
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
4 GB of RAM
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
Registration is closed.
She has performed in numerous recitals as a soloist and with chamber music ensembles at venues including The Kennedy Center, the Smithsonian Institution, Werner Recital Hall, Prosels Castle, and The Lyceum. She has also performed internationally in Italy, Holland, Poland, Bulgaria, and Canada. In 2003, Dr. Mirtcheva was a Mason Concerto Competition winner and performed with the George Mason Symphony Orchestra. She has also participated in the Interharmony International Music Festivals in Soesterberg, Netherlands, in their 2003 and 2004 seasons, and in The Berkshires in 2007. In August 2009, she won the Schlern International Competition. In the summer of 2010, she performed in Poland as part of the Mozart Plus Festival, and in Vipiteno, Italy, at the Orfeo International Music Festival.
Dr. Mirtcheva earned her Bachelor and Master of Music in Piano Performance from George Mason University, studying piano with Dr. Anna Balakerskaia. She earned a second Master’s degree in Instrumental Collaborative Piano at the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, where she had a full graduate scholarship and assistantship and studied piano and chamber music with James Tocco and Sandra Rivers. She recently completed her Doctorate in Musical Arts at George Mason University and is performing in the Washington Metropolitan Area.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details including class schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Adult Guitar Class Level 1
Mondays, 6–7 pm EST
Oct. 5–Nov. 30, 2020
Intro to Drawing
for Adults & Teens
Saturdays, 10 am–noon EST
Oct. 3–Oct. 24, 2020