Chamber Music Ensembles
Open to all middle and high school students. Chamber ensembles have 3-5 members and perform music without a conductor. Students immerse themselves in the rich repertoire written for strings and piano with professional chamber coaches, who guide the students in building skills such as group pulse, communication, the development of a blended ensemble sound, and creating an emotionally expressive performance. Students form strong musical friendships and learn about the wonderfully diverse and beautiful music written for chamber ensembles. The semester of study will culminate in a public performance on George Mason University’s Fairfax campus.
To be eligible, the participants must:
- All applicants must submit an audition video for placement. (see “Audition” section below)
- Middle and high school students. Younger students admitted upon teacher recommendation and successful audition.
- Minimum Level Requirement for String Students: ASTA grade level 3/Suzuki Book 3. Must be able to play 2 octave scales and read music with ease.
SEE SOME OF OUR CHAMBER COACHES IN ACTION:
Time: 8–9 p.m.
Dates: Thursdays, February 27–June 4, 2020
Skip Date: April 9
Tuition: $427 + $10 music fee
We are sorry! The registration is closed.
Please send the following materials to Claire Allen, chamber coordinator, at email@example.com by Monday, February 3, 2020.
- Please provide the link to the video. Audition video must be uploaded as an unlisted video on YouTube and should include:
- 1 major scale of choice (2 or 3 octaves)
- 1 melodic minor scale of choice (2 or 3 octaves)
- Solo piece under 5 minutes for string players, if playing a concerto or sonata, the exposition is enough (no accompaniment needed).
- A letter of recommendation from a private instructor
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding withdrawals, refunds and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students or parents will receive a welcome email at least 1 week before the class starts. Call the Academy with questions at 703-993-9889.
- Parking is free at the Academy, but you must display a dashboard parking pass (available at the office).
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Intro to Drawing
for Adults & Teens
Saturdays, 10 a.m.–noon
Feb. 29–Apr. 25, 2020
Music Theory and
Ear Training Level I
Thursdays, 6 p.m.
Jan. 9–Feb. 13, 2020