Ages 10 -16
Violin Choir is an engaging new ensemble experience for intermediate violin students. Students will learn pieces from both traditional and contemporary classical repertoire in a variety of styles. They will play in unison and two or three-part harmony. Students should be comfortable sightreading, reading rhythms, shifting to third and fifth positions, and using vibrato. Opportunities to perform solos for the class and discussion of solo performance skills will be included in the class. For questions about placement, contact Claire Allen at email@example.com.
To be eligible for the class, a participant must:
- Have minimum 2 years of private violin lessons
- Be currently enrolled in regular, weekly violin lessons and able to play music at ASTA Grades 3-5
- Have previous ensemble experience is advantageous but not a requirement
Time: 6:15–7 p.m.
Dates: Alternating Fridays, January 10–May 29, 2020
Tuition: $313.50 + $15 Music fee
We are sorry! The registration is closed.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding withdrawals, refunds and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students or parents will receive a welcome email at least 1 week before the class starts. Call the Academy with questions at 703-993-9889.
- Parking is free at the Academy, but you must display a dashboard parking pass (available at the office).
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Saturdays, 10–11:30 a.m.
Feb. 29–Apr. 25, 2020
Fun with Rhythms
Thursdays, 6 p.m.
Feb. 20–Mar. 25, 2020