Spring 2021 Registration is Open!
YOUNG MUSICIANS PREP ONLINE
Explore the Musical World Through Singing, Dancing, and Drumming!
This course is for children who have had exposure to music. Students will learn the building blocks of rhythmic and melodic notations (the introduction of reading music) and will learn to love music through folk songs, dance, rhythms, and music games. Students will learn how to really listen to, enjoy, and express their feelings through music. In this course, students will begin to develop their musical ear not only through singing but through the introduction of pitched percussion instruments, such as xylophones. This section is a prep course for Young Musicians course.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are the classes structured?
My child has a short attention span, what if they don’t stay still?
Do the music classes require parents to have any musical skills?
Ages: 4 – 6
Time: 11:00 – 11:45 am EST
Dates: Saturdays, February 20 – March 27, 2021 (6 weeks)
Tuition: $108 (A $10 late fee will be added after Thursday, February 18)
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- A xylophone (glockenspiel) or access to a xylophone app such as: EasyXylo (free version).
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
4 GB of RAM
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
As a soloist, Ms. Warfield was winner of the Mason Wind Symphony Solo Competition, the NFA Performers Masterclass, and a prize winner in the Masters Players Soloist Competition and Louis Vyner Competition. She performed in the Julius Baker Masterclass and was featured three consecutive summers at the Annual New England Conservatory Summer Metropolitan Flute Festival Orchestra.
Ms. Warfield currently serves as Second Flute in the Manassas Symphony and Old Bridge Chamber Orchestras and Third Flute/Piccolo in the Symphony of Northern Virginia.
She received degrees from Millersville University and George Mason University, studying with Julianna Nickel, Dr. William Montgomery, Mr. Joel Behrens, Mrs. Lana Behrens, and Dr. Linda Kirkpatrick.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details including class schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Music for Toddlers
Saturdays, 10:15–10:45 am EST
Mar. 6–Mar. 27, 2021
Saturdays, 12-12:45 pm EST
Feb. 20–Mar. 27, 2021