Spring 2021 Registration is Open!
PIANO DISCOVERIES LEVEL 2 ONLINE
Sing. Play. Learn.
This 12-week ONLINE class is an excellent introduction to the piano and basic musical concepts through singing, playing, keyboard exercises, and games. Students will have daily written theory and practice assignments and will learn to read music and play a variety of songs along with their peers. Through singing and playing, students will be able to learn music at a comfortable pace. The teacher will do an individual assessment for each student throughout the class, and students will have access to supplemental materials and videos during the session.
Students will need to have a piano or keyboard at home, a reliable internet connection, a phone or tablet on a tripod or table, and some assistance from a parent or caregiver to set up for class and help with practice.
After completion of this class, students will be very well prepared for beginner piano playing and will easily be able to transition into private piano lessons.
Ages: 6 – 9 (rising 1st-grade minimum)
Dates: Tuesdays, February 16 – May 18, 2021 (12 weeks)
Time: 4:30 – 5:30 pm EST
Skip Dates: March 30 | April 6
Tuition: $352 (A $10 late fee will be added after Sunday, March 14)
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
Required Books: No books required. Digital materials provided through course Dropbox.
- Students will need to have a piano or keyboard at home
- Some assistance from a parent or caregiver to set up for class and help with practice
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
4 GB of RAM
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
In addition to her performing, Ms. Richardson has been an active teacher in the area for the last eight years. Along with her performance bachelor’s degree, she completed all the coursework toward a music education degree. In August of 2015, she was faculty on the Corcoran Chamber Music Institute (formerly known as the Summer Piano and Chamber Music Institute at George Washington University). She currently is adjunct faculty at George Mason University where she teaches keyboard classes throughout the year. She also is an active faculty member at the Mason Community Arts Academy at George Mason University, where she teaches at summer piano programs, group classes, and maintains a large piano studio of all ages throughout the year. She is experienced teaching all levels of piano and has prepared students for successful auditions to their top choice music schools with scholarships.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details including class schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.