MUSIC FOR TODDLERS 1 ONLINE
Ages 18 months-30 months
Virtual Open House—Saturday, September 26
We invite you and your family to join our Open House via Zoom to meet our faculty and staff, have fun in our online classes, and ask any questions you may have. Learn More >>
Sing. Dance. Play.
Learn how to develop your child’s music appreciation, musical ear, motor skills, and cognitive function, all while doing fun, musical play. In this sing-along style course, the parent and child will learn up to 8 songs, the music alphabet, and will explore basic rhythms through movements and clapping. In addition to learning and building their appreciation of music, children will be able to interact and learn to communicate with other children their age through “sharing time” and group activities. This course helps parents learn how to interact musically with their child and how to incorporate fun music lessons at home. Each child will have the opportunity to make their own musical instrument and then use it in class!
Frequently Asked Questions
How are the classes structured?
My child has a short attention span, what if they don’t stay still?
Do the music classes require parents to have any musical skills?
Time: 9:30 – 10:00 a.m. EST
Dates: Saturdays, Oct. 3 – Nov. 21, 2020
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Household supplies will be provided in Welcome Letter
- Optional Materials: Egg Shaker, Rhythm Sticks, and Scarves or Optional Kit for Purchase
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
4 GB of RAM
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
Registration is closed.
As a soloist, Ms. Warfield was winner of the Mason Wind Symphony Solo Competition, the NFA Performers Masterclass, and a prize winner in the Masters Players Soloist Competition and Louis Vyner Competition. She performed in the Julius Baker Masterclass and was featured three consecutive summers at the Annual New England Conservatory Summer Metropolitan Flute Festival Orchestra.
Ms. Warfield currently serves as Second Flute in the Manassas Symphony and Old Bridge Chamber Orchestras and Third Flute/Piccolo in the Symphony of Northern Virginia.
She received degrees from Millersville University and George Mason University, studying with Julianna Nickel, Dr. William Montgomery, Mr. Joel Behrens, Mrs. Lana Behrens, and Dr. Linda Kirkpatrick.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details including class schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Music for Toddlers 2
Wednesdays, 10:15–10:45 am EST
Sept. 30–Nov. 17, 2020
9 am | 4 pm | 4:30 pm EST
Sept. 21–Jan. 18, 2021
Sept. 22–Jan. 19, 2021
Sept. 23–Jan. 20, 2021