ADULT UKULELE LEVEL 2
Adult 18+ | In-Person
Spring 2022 Registration Will Be Announced in November!
Join our email list to stay up to date on new program offerings
COVID Safety Guideline: Please be assured that all in-person programs will follow strict safety protocols required by George Mason University and are subject to pivoting to all virtual platforms if health and safety conditions warrant. Please visit our COVID Safety Guidelines for all in-person programs. We will be routinely updating the information as it evolves. Stay informed by visiting our website and looking out for email alerts and other Academy communications.
Improve Your Skills in A Relaxing and Supportive Environment!
This class is designed for those who have completed Level 1 or have been playing for a while and want to continue their studies in a group setting. Playing melodies and strumming chords, and using a repertoire of all musical styles makes this class fun for everyone.
For those who have taken Level 1, consult with the instructor about repeating Level 1, or moving on to Level 2. Alumni are welcome to repeat these classes. New music and materials will be presented. If you are unsure about placement, please contact Glen McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Students need to bring their own ukulele.
Time: 7:00 – 8:00 pm
Dates: Wednesdays, September 22 – December 8, 2021 (10 weeks)
Skip Dates: November 10 | November 24
Tuition: $285 + $15 music fee
Location: Mason Community Arts Academy Building in Fairfax, VA
- You are expected to have your own ukulele.
- All individuals must wear CDC-recommended face masks indoors regardless of vaccination status. Unvaccinated individuals are required to continue to wear masks outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- COVID Vaccination: The Academy expects all students who meet the age requirement to be vaccinated. Please be sure to report your vaccine status in the health form upon arrival.
Academy Teaching Artist
Read about Mr. McCarthy
He teaches guitar classes and private lessons at the Mason Community Arts Academy. His curriculum is different for each student, “Guitar is so multi-faceted. What a student wants to learn is the cue I need to develop that student’s potential.” He also teaches class guitar at the Hylton Center to Veterans and first responders.
Mr. McCarthy retired from Fairfax County, Virginia after 30 years at Robinson Secondary School where he developed a multi-level guitar program. Robinson was the first recipient of the Guitar & Accessories Marketing Association’s award to recognize innovative guitar programming in the United States. Under his direction, the Robinson Guitar Ensemble performed in numerous venues and was consistently awarded superior ratings at adjudicated festivals.
In 2014 from over 32,000 nominees the Grammy Foundation recognized Glen as one of the top ten music educators in the United States. He continues to perform in numerous venues and genres.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details.
- A $10 late registration fee will apply starting the Friday prior to the start of the program
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Adult Guitar Class Level 1
Mondays, 6:30–7:30 pm
Sept. 20–Nov. 29, 2021
Adult Piano Class Level 1
Tuesdays, 6–7 pm
Sept. 21–Nov. 23, 2021