Fall 2020 registration is open!
BEGINNING UKULELE ONLINE
Need a reason to look forward to Mondays? This is it! Join the Adult Ukulele class and learn to play this fun, accessible instrument. No prior musical experience is necessary, just the desire to brighten up the first day of the week. Learn the fundamentals of playing chords, melodies and singing along through songs like “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” and other folk songs and contemporary hits. Students need to bring their own ukulele.
Note: Students need to bring their own ukulele and to purchase their own Ukulele Lesson Book (see requirements below).
Time: 8:00 – 9:00 pm EST
Dates: Mondays, Oct. 5 – Nov. 30, 2020
Skip Date: Nov. 23
Tuition: $228 (A $10 late fee will be added after Saturday, Oct. 3)
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Ukulele for Kids – Method and Songbook by Hal Leonard
- We recommend you purchase a concert or tenor model instrument from a local music store and NOT from the internet.
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
4 GB of RAM
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
Registration is closed.
Academy Teaching Artist
Read about Mr. McCarthy
He teaches guitar classes and private lessons at the Mason Community Arts Academy. His curriculum is different for each student, “Guitar is so multi-faceted. What a student wants to learn is the cue I need to develop that student’s potential.” He also teaches class guitar at the Hylton Center to Veterans and first responders.
Mr. McCarthy retired from Fairfax County, Virginia after 30 years at Robinson Secondary School where he developed a multi-level guitar program. Robinson was the first recipient of the Guitar & Accessories Marketing Association’s award to recognize innovative guitar programming in the United States. Under his direction, the Robinson Guitar Ensemble performed in numerous venues and was consistently awarded superior ratings at adjudicated festivals.
In 2014 from over 32,000 nominees the Grammy Foundation recognized Glen as one of the top ten music educators in the United States. He continues to perform in numerous venues and genres.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details including class schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Adult Guitar Class Level 1
Mondays, 6–7 pm EST
Oct. 5–Nov. 30, 2020
Intro to Drawing
for Adults & Teens
Saturdays, 10 am–noon EST
Oct. 3–Oct. 24, 2020