Fall 2020 registration is open!
VIOLIN ADVENTURES ONLINE
Note: Students must be enrolled in regular, weekly private violin lessons (either at the Academy or elsewhere) and playing repertoire in Suzuki Books 1, 2, or 3.
Violin Adventures is an enriching and exciting addition to private violin lessons for young students. This online class will connect young violinists as they study technique, scales, and Suzuki review pieces, learn about different composers and styles of music, share their musical experiences with each other, and perform solos for each other. Students will participate in a weekly 30-minute live class on Zoom and will also receive weekly listening assignments and occasional tutorial videos that will supplement their home musical education. Listening assignments this semester will focus on the works of BIPOC and female composers from the Baroque era to present day.
Students will be divided into groups based on playing ability and age. Each group will meet weekly for 30 minutes at a consistent time between 5:00 – 6:30 pm. Students will be notified at least one week prior to the first class which time frame they are assigned to. We ask that a parent be present during the online class to assist them with class materials, technology, and help physically adjust their technique when needed. Parents may also wish to take notes to supplement their private lesson notes and add activities from group class to the student’s regular practice.
The class will culminate in a professionally produced video with all students performing together.
For students ages 10-16 who are playing at a Suzuki Book 3-5/ASTA grade 3-4 level and who can read music comfortably, we recommend Violin Choir.
Ages: 5 – 12
Dates: Fridays, Oct. 2 – Nov. 20
Time: 5:00 – 6:30 pm EST
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- A device with a large screen to view class on (it is possible, but not ideal, to use a smartphone).
- Optimizing Zoom for audio
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
4 GB of RAM
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
Registration is closed.
Academy Teaching Artist
Read about Ms. Renner
Most of all, Ms. Renner is fascinated with teaching. Her students provide inspiration for diving further into her musical studies and learning more about transmitting technique and musicality through each lesson. She has received training in the Suzuki Method, the Mark O’Connor Method, a certification in Music Mind Games, and has attended numerous teacher workshops. In addition to her private teaching, Ms. Renner teaches music and movement classes at several area preschools.
Ms. Renner received her Masters of Music in Viola Performance, with an emphasis in violin and viola pedagogy, from the Peabody Institute in 2014. She studied under Victoria Chiang and Rebecca Henry. She also received her Bachelor of Music at the University of Maryland, College Park, where she studied with Katherine Murdock.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details including class schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Saturdays, 9–10:30 am EST
Oct. 3–Nov. 21, 2020
Saturdays, 9:30–11 am EST
Oct. 3–Nov. 21, 2020