Violin Adventures Class
Note: This supplemental class is for young violinists ages 5-12 who are currently enrolled in weekly private violin lessons (at the Academy or elsewhere) and wish to add a group class experience to augment their learning.
Violin Adventures is an enriching and exciting addition to private violin lessons for young students, who take their skills from the private lesson studio to the classroom and have fun playing both review and new pieces as a group. In this class, students will:
- Review pieces from the Suzuki method
- Reinforce the development of a healthy technical foundation through exercises and scales in a dynamic and collaborative way
- Create a more developed ear and stronger musicianship via group practices and performances
- Prepares for later experiences in orchestra and chamber music.
Students will be divided into two groups based on their playing ability and in consultation with the private teacher. Parents are encouraged to observe the class, and materials to support the home practice will also be provided for them.
For students who are more advanced than Suzuki Book 3 and who are sight-reading comfortably, we recommend the Chamber Music program.
For students ages 10-16 who are playing at a Suzuki Book 3-5/ASTA grade 3-4 level and who can read music comfortably, we recommend Violin Choir.
Time: 5:30–6:15 p.m.
Dates: Alternating Fridays, January 10–May 29, 2020
Tuition: $313.50 + $15 Music fee
We are sorry! The registration is closed.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding withdrawals, refunds and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students or parents will receive a welcome email at least 1 week before the class starts. Call the Academy with questions at 703-993-9889.
- Parking is free at the Academy, but you must display a dashboard parking pass (available at the office).
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Ages 4-7 | 8-11
Saturdays, 10–11:30 a.m.
Feb. 29–May 2, 2020
Fun with Rhythm
Thursdays, 6 p.m.
Feb. 20–Mar. 25, 2020