VIOLIN BEGINNINGS LEVEL 1
Ages 4 – 6 | In-Person
The class will return in Fall 2022!
Join our email list to stay up to date on new class offerings
COVID Safety Guideline: Please be assured that all in-person programs will follow strict safety protocols required by George Mason University and are subject to pivoting to all virtual platforms if health and safety conditions warrant. Required protocols will include masks, physical distancing, Mason COVID health checks, and more. Please visit our COVID Safety Guidelines for all in-person programs. We will be routinely updating the information as it evolves. Stay informed by visiting our website and looking out for email alerts and other Academy communications.
Sing. Play. Learn.
This class is the perfect introduction to the world of violin music. Students start at the very beginning, learning how to hold the violin and bow with ease and play simple songs that use their new skills. They play games to develop listening skills, rhythmic coordination, and through class materials learn the basics of reading music. Special listening time in each class will introduce students to the music of some of the world’s most famous composers. A combination of traditional, Suzuki, and Rolland methods will be used.
IMPORTANT: A parent is required to attend and participate in the class with their child, and to practice daily with them at home. Students are required to rent/purchase their own child-size violin. See the Academy’s violin rental guidelines!
Note: If your child is slightly younger or slightly older than the range for this class, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the best placement for your child.
Ages: 4 – 6
Time: Thursdays, 4:45 – 5:45 pm
Dates: September 23, 2021 – January 27, 2022 (15 weeks)
Tuition: $427.50 + $45 music fee
Skip Dates: Sept. 30 | Nov. 25 | Dec. 23 | Dec. 30
Location: Mason Community Arts Academy Building in Fairfax, VA
- Rent/purchase your own child-size violin.
- All individuals must wear CDC-recommended face masks indoors regardless of vaccination status. Unvaccinated individuals are required to continue to wear masks outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- COVID Vaccination: The Academy expects all students who meet the age requirement to be vaccinated. Please be sure to report your vaccine status in the health form upon arrival.
Academy Teaching Artist
Read about Ms. Price
An active advocate for community engagement, Ms. Price has been involved in the development of the Musical Storytelling Project in Oberlin, OH, and as a participant in programs that bring music and instruction to Grafton Correctional Institution and hurricane-stricken areas of Puerto Rico.
Throughout her musical career, Ms. Price has regularly performed as a chamber, orchestral, and solo musician in concert programs domestically and internationally. She has performed as an orchestral musician in venues including Carnegie Hall (New York, NY), Severance Hall (Cleveland, OH), and the Meyerson Symphony Center (Dallas, TX). In past Summers, Ms. Price has participated in the Aspen Music Festival and School, Bowdoin International Music Festival, National Orchestral Institute, and Litomysl International String Masterclass (Litomysl, Czech Republic), among others.
Ms. Price holds a Master’s degree with a concentration in Music in Education from the New England Conservatory, having studied under the mentorship of Ayano Ninomiya. She holds a bachelor’s degree from Oberlin Conservatory after having begun her studies at Indiana University under the instruction of Sibbi Bernhardsson.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details.
- A $10 late registration fee will apply starting the Friday prior to the start of the program
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Piano Discoveries Level 1
Sept. 22–Jan. 12, 2021 (15 weeks)
Saturdays, 10–11:30 am
Sept. 25–Nov. 20, 2021 (8 weeks)