ADULT VOICE CLASS: REPERTOIRE FOCUE ONLINE
Students in this class will pre-select 3 or 4 songs they are interested in learning over the course of the session. Whether popular or classical repertoire, this will allow you to take a classical learning approach to learning these songs. Basic music reading tools will be incorporated for those who are new to reading music or want to improve their reading skills. Weekly topics will include how to tackle certain elements of a song poetically, rhythmically, melodically, and dynamically. Participants will have the option of singing their prepared pieces in a masterclass-like setting throughout the session. On the final day students will have the opportunity to perform for each other as well as any invited guests they choose. Note: Students must select and purchase their own music for this course.
Time: 6:00 – 7:00 pm EST
Dates: Thursdays, Oct. 1 – Nov. 19, 2020
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
4 GB of RAM
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details including class schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Adult Guitar Class Level 1
Mondays, 6–7 pm EST
Oct. 5–Nov. 30, 2020
Intro to Drawing
for Adults & Teens
Saturdays, 10 am–noon EST
Oct. 3–Oct. 24, 2020