Fall 2020 registration is open!
EXPLORATIONS IN VOCAL TECHNIQUE ONLINE
Transform Your Vocal Performance!
This class will focus on the different aspects of vocal technique for solo singing. The first few sessions will each have an assigned topic i.e. posture and breath support, diction and clarity, discovering the resonators, range and tone, vocal health and performance, etc. The students will learn these elements through new repertoire, primarily musical theater, that will be taught in class.
To ensure that all instruction is being understood each student will be asked to perform individually in class 2-3 times throughout the session, along with sending pre-recorded videos to the instructor, in order to get individualized feedback. By the end of the program each student will have learned new techniques and put those techniques into use by performing the new repertoire in class, thus being able to take these lessons into their everyday musical world.
If your student likes to sing and wants to learn more about it, this is the class for them!
Time: 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. EST
Dates: Thursdays, Oct. 1 – Nov. 19, 2020
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
4 GB of RAM
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
This Session is Closed.
Jacqueline “Jacki” Salvador
Read about Ms. Salvador
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details including class schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Musical Theater Repertoire
2 pm EST | 7 pm EST
Sept. 28–Nov. 16
Sept. 30–Nov. 18
Visual Art Classes
Oct. 3–Nov. 21, 2020