SUMMER MUSICAL THEATER INTENSIVE ONLINE
Actors will be guided through a fast-paced week of musical theater technique classes including: individualized voice and musical training, a variety of theater dance instruction, characterization and performance, discovering the business of the business, and exploring auditioning for musical theater. This online program is perfect for your budding musical theater star who wants to sharpen their skills, technique and knowledge.
Ages: 12 – 18
Dates: June 15 – 19, 2020
Times: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (M–F)
Location: Online (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
Technique Classes Included:
- Voice and musicality
- Various Dance Style classes
- Characterization and acting a song
- Business of the Business
Note: Openings are limited, so early registration is encouraged.
Sample Daily Schedule
Each day will include one snack break.
- Computer and/or tablet with internet access and audio/video capabilities
- Ability to record self–both video & audio (phone, tablet, computer cameras are acceptable)
- Space to move and dance
Read about Mr. Maaty
Jacqueline “Jackie” Salvador
Read about Ms. Salvador
Read about Ms. Lechter
A graduate of University of Maryland, College Park with a Bachelor’s Degree in Theater and Speech Communications, Mary has been working professionally as an actor in the Metropolitan Washington area, Los Angeles, and New York since 1985. She has worked at Washington area theaters including Theater of the First Amendment, Arena Stage, Studio Theatre, and Source Theatre. Television, radio and film credits include ABC’s All My Children, Barry Levinson’s Avalon, Diesel Films’ Dracula’s Mother, the MGM/Lionsgate thriller Hit and Run, and several spots for NPR’s Morning Edition.
Mary is a proud member of George Mason University’s faculty in the School of Theater, and was named a 2013 “Teacher of Distinction”. She is a member of The Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, Actor’s Equity Association, and the Educational Theatre Association.
- Be sure to check our FAQs and policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, curriculum, technology, and more for summer programs.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the program starts with all necessary details including camp schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.