Summer 2020 registration is open!
INTRO TO DRAWING FOR ADULTS ONLINE
In this drawing class, students develop basic observational and perceptual drawing skills. Using a variety of media and methods, students learn fundamental approaches to interpreting visual forms. Through the expressive use of line, shape, value, texture, and composition, students gain an understanding of how drawing is used as a means of creative exploration and communication, in turn, strengthening personal expression. More experienced students are also welcome to join, as the instructor is able to incorporate different learning levels in the class.
Ages: Adults 18+
Dates: Saturdays, July 11 – August 29 (8 weeks)
Times: 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Computer and/or tablet with internet access and audio/video capabilities
- Supply Kits (details provided in Welcome Letter)
Students will be required to purchase their own supply kits through Plaza Art. Supply Kits will be available for curbside pick-up or delivery. Supply lists and ordering details will be available soon!
Art Educator at Fairfax County, VA
Read about Ms. Parsons
In the Summers, Ms. Parsons continues to teach visual art classes with the Institute for the Arts, where she has been working since 2012. Her classes range from Foundational Drawing to Fused Glass, Jewelry & Metals, and Fiber Arts. Ms. Parsons has also taught at a summer sewing camp in Fairfax for The Handwork Studio, based out of Pennsylvania. This year, Ms. Parsons has transitioned to online classes for both MCAA and The Handwork Studio, as well as online distance learning for her art classes in Fairfax County Public Schools.
Ms. Parsons lives in Fairfax County with her two adult children (and their two dogs). She is also a non-medical volunteer for the Fairfax Medical Reserve Corp. Ms. Parsons has participated in trainings, exercises, and drills since 2009, and is proud to help out in Fairfax during 2020’s quarantine due to the Coronavirus.
- Be sure to check our FAQs and policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, curriculum, technology, and more for summer programs.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the program starts with all necessary details including camp schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.