BEGINNER GUITAR CAMP ONLINE
This workshop for beginners will cover the fundamentals of guitar playing and prepare students for individual lessons or a school guitar program. Guided by Mason Community Arts Academy teaching artists, students will learn guitar notation forms, how to play melodies and strum chords. Students are required to have their own acoustic guitar (nylon strings recommended). A compilation video of student work will be available after the program is complete. (Note: Adult guidance and technology support may be required for younger students)
Ages: 8 – 12
Dates: July 20 – 24, 2020
Times: 1:00 pm – 4:00 p.m. EST (M-F)
Tuition: $225 (Beginning the Friday prior to the start of the program, a $10 late registration fee will apply)
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Computer or tablet with internet access and audio/ video capabilities
- Acoustic guitar, nylon strings recommended
- Digital Guitar Tuner
- “Hal Leonard Guitar Method 1” by Will Schmid. Available on Amazon for under $10
Registration is closed.
Instructor: Brian Slaymaker
Academy Teaching Artist
Read about Mr. Slaymaker
“I really appreciated the half-day nature of the program, the book as part of the package, the one-on-one time between student and teacher, and the performance at the end.” – Beginner Guitar Summer Camp 2017 Parent
- Be sure to check our FAQs and policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, curriculum, technology and more for summer programs.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the program starts with all necessary details including camp schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.