Summer 2020 registration is open!
PIANO ADVENTURES ONLINE
Piano Adventures Online is an introductory class for the piano and an opportunity for students to meet virtually in a fun social setting! Each class will include games to get to know one another, a video tutorial of the days lesson, and piano activities relating to learning basic techniques of playing. Other activities include keyboard identification and an introduction to basic rhythm and music notation symbols. Following the video lesson, students will play short pieces for each other and receive teacher feedback. (Note: Parent involvement is highly encouraged.)
Piano students with advanced beginner, intermediate, or advanced skills should join our Piano Academy Online for ages 8-18.
Ages: 6 – 10
Dates: Mondays, June 29– July 20, 2020 (4 weeks)
Time: 9:00 – 10:00 am
Location: Online (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone with internet access and audio/video capabilities
- Students are encouraged to set up their devices to allow instructors to view hands at the piano during lessons.
Director/ Instructor: Michelle Richardson
Academy Teaching Artist
Read about Ms. Richardson
In addition to her performing, Ms. Richardson has been an active teacher in the area for the last eight years. Along with her performance bachelor’s degree, she completed all the coursework toward a music education degree. In August of 2015, she was faculty on the Corcoran Chamber Music Institute (formerly known as the Summer Piano and Chamber Music Institute at George Washington University). She currently is adjunct faculty at George Mason University where she teaches keyboard classes throughout the year. She also is an active faculty member at the Mason Community Arts Academy at George Mason University, where she teaches at summer piano programs, group classes, and maintains a large piano studio of all ages throughout the year. She is experienced teaching all levels of piano and has prepared students for successful auditions to their top choice music schools with scholarships.
“My son had been hating piano lessons before camp. Piano camp changed all that. He came home every day from camp and said how much he loved it! He now loves the piano and wants to keep going! It’s all because of the wonderful teacher!” – Summer Piano Adventures 2018 ParentSee More Testimonials
“I loved how excited my son was after class and how happy he was to go back.” – Summer Piano Adventures 2017 Parent
- Be sure to check our FAQs and policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, curriculum, technology and more for summer programs.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the program starts with all necessary details including camp schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.