MUSIC RECORDING STUDIO ONLINE
Part of Summer Music Intensive Week!
Led by Mason School of Music professors and alumni, the Home Recording Studio Camp will focus on recording, mixing, and producing original music from your own home. Students will learn how to record vocals and musical instruments, mix their own songs and assist others virtually, and learn all that is needed to build a home studio. A Virtual “Listening Party” showcasing students’ recorded songs will be presented at the end of the week!
Music recording students may also be interested in our Singer / Songwriter Summer Workshop for Ages 13-18!
Ages: 13 – 18
Dates: June 15 – 19, 2020
Times: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (M-F)
Location: Online (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone with internet access and audio/video capabilities
- Access to free Audacity software
- Headphones or earbuds with microphone
Recommended, but not required
- USB microphone
Co-Instructor: Dr. Andrew Cote
Mason School of Music Faculty
Read about Dr. Cote
As a rock and popular music artist, Dr. Cote has recorded with several groups including Aaron Tinjum and the Tangents, Winterstar, Marijke, The Double Yellow, The Dino Monkeys, Armaniche’s Architects, Famous Ladies, and several more. He is an active studio drummer, recording on several albums each year. Dr. Cote currently teaches orchestration, aural skills, and popular music history at George Mason University in Fairfax, VA. Dr. Cote also is the Staff Arranger and Director of Choirs at Truro Anglican Church, also in Fairfax, VA.
Dr. Cote earned a Doctorate in Music Composition from George Mason University, a Master’s degree in Music Composition from Central Michigan University, and a Bachelor’s degree in Music Education from the University of New Hampshire. His former composition instructors include Mark Camphouse, David R. Gillingham, Andrew Boysen Jr., David Hollinden, Jay Batzner, and Michael Annicchiarico.
“I enjoyed the entire program because it was eye opening, but I really liked recording my own song with a partner!” – Summer Music Recording Camp 2018 ParticipantSee More Testimonials
“My favorite part was the support from the college student helpers.” – Summer Music Recording Camp 2017 Participant
- Be sure to check our FAQs and policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, curriculum, technology and more for summer programs.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the program starts with all necessary details including camp schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.