Mason ITS Support Center: 703-993-8870
*please have username and password readily available for assistance
Online Classroom Etiquette
- Enter the room with your microphone off (muted).
- Listen carefully for directions on when to mute or unmute your microphone.
- Do not unmute your microphone unless you are instructed to or called on by the teacher.
- Raise your hand in your video window if you have a question and wait to be called on before unmuting your microphone.
- When a teacher is giving a lesson, be sure you are in Speaker View. (See below for instructions on how to switch to Speaker View.)
- If you unmute your microphone without permission, the instructor or teaching assistant will mute you until there is a better time to ask your question.
- If you are willfully not following directions or being disruptive, you will be dismissed from class.
- System requirements (Recommended Browser: Google Chrome and Safari)
- Blackboard homepage overview
- How to submit a video
- Joining a meeting
- Attendee controls in a meeting
- Share your screen (if enabled) (Note: Screen sharing is not currently supported on mobile devices)
- Switch to active speaker view
Tap the circle button at the top right corner of your screen to switch between Grid View and Speaker View.
Best Connectivity Tips
- The device needs to be as close to the router as possible, preferably connected through ethernet cable.
- All other programs on the device need to be closed so that the video chat is the only program running.
- Minimize bandwidth use in the home – if the student is in a live-streamed class, their sibling is streaming a show, if anything is uploading to the internet, and the parent is also on a web call, this will all reduce the video quality.
Collaborate Ultra (Meeting)