Summer 2020 registration is open!
JumpstART ADVANCED PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO ONLINE
Intended for more experienced photography students, the JumpstART Advanced Photography Studio will delve into more in-depth topics and techniques of digital photography and photo editing software. Previous Intro to Digital Photography and Intro to Traditional Photography program participants are also welcome to attend!
Requirements: Students may also take both an intro course and the advanced course in the same summer! Participants are required to have their own digital camera.
Ages: 13 – 18
Dates: July 13 – 17, 2020
Times: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm (M-F)
Location: Online (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Digital camera or smart phone camera
- Computer and/or tablet with internet access and audio/video capabilities
- Access to Snapseed tablet/phone editing app (Apple App | Google Play) or Pixlr web-based editing software
Recommended, but not required:
This session is closed.
Instructor: Jason Wellington
Fairfax County Art Educator
Read about Mr. Wellington
As an artist and an art educator, Mr. Wellington strongly believes that everyone should be exposed to the arts, whether visual or performing arts, the arts, in general, have the power to change how one thinks of themselves and the world at large. Art offers a vast and varied world and the power of creativity has the ability to solve many problems in the world.
Teaching Assistant: Arthur Reinaltt
Art Educator at Fairfax County, VA
Read about Mr. Reinaltt
Director/ Instructor: Justin Sutters, Ph.D.
Mason School of Art Professor
Read about Dr. Sutters
“Attending the camp, I had access to software we don’t all have at home. I appreciated the freedom of content and learning darkroom skills.” — Advanced Photography Summer Studio 2019 ParticipantSee More Testimonials
“My favorite part was the freedom of content, and learning darkroom skills.” — Advanced Photography Summer Studio 2018 Participant
- Be sure to check our FAQs and policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, curriculum, technology and more for summer programs.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the program starts with all necessary details including camp schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.