Student Recital Checklist
- Change your Zoom advanced audio settings to performance mode.
Click HERE to check your audio setting.
IMPORTANT–This is a required step to ensure the best sound quality of your performance. If you have an external microphone, please also check your computer audio setting and disabled noise suppression.
- Identify a designated space for your recital performance.
Have a light source to be in front of you, such as facing toward a window. Mark the location of yourself and the device and practice at the location before the recital date.
- Place your device in landscape orientation.
Be sure your device is fully charged or is connected to a power source. If you are using a mobile device or a tablet, put your devices in airplane mode so that you do not get a random text or call during your performance.
- Make sure the entire instrument is in the shot.
If you have a bow, make sure the bow does not go out of the shot. The camera should be angled at the same level as you and your instrument.
- Use an external speaker for your musical accompaniment track.
If you are using a musical accompaniment recording, plan to use a second device (Bluetooth speaker recommended) to play the track. Rehearse with the music track a few times before the performance.
- Performance Etiquette
- Join Zoom 20 minutes early to check your sound and camera.
- Dress in concert attire.
- Take a bow, announce your name and the piece you will be playing.
- After your performance, bow to the audience.
For Parents/Family Members
- Watch our students perform in person and show your encouragement throughout their performance.
- Be sure to silent your mobile devices.
- If you would like to send a congratulatory note to our performers, please type in the chat and be sure to send your messages to both panelists and attendees so our performers can see them!