“CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTER” CONCEPT DESIGN STUDIO ONLINE
SUMMER 2022 INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE IN FEBRUARY!
The start of any great game is an engaging world filled with unique and exciting characters. Whether our hero has to save a princess from a castle, or farm the largest pumpkin for the harvest festival, creating fun characters and giving them a place in their world is where the creative development starts!
In this intro course, students will be designing their own characters for a unique game world of their own creation! They will set up their own stories and worlds, design characters (heroes, villains, and more), and decide what tools and items their characters will use. From health potions to night vision goggles, the only limit is the imagination!
This course serves as a foundation for animation development. Through a series of guided exercises, game and animation history lessons, and in-class work time and feedback, students will have all they need to start creating their own worlds.
You might also be interested in our Digital Illustration: Character Creation Studio Online (July 26-31) or Anime Art & Technology Online (August 2-6 & 9-13)
New STEAM Curriculum: Students will explore the artistic process with a STEAM approach and seek creative solutions alongside other students their age. Through guided projects and peer feedback, students will have the opportunity to interact with other artists and share their interests in all things digital illustration!
Ages: 13 – 18
Dates: July 5 – 9, 2021 (M-F)
Times: 9:30 am – 4:00 pm EST
Location: Online (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Drawing Tablet or iPad with stylus highly recommended
- Access to one of the following software: Adobe Photoshop, Krita, or Procreate (Please note: Instructors will not be able to assist students with software other than those listed above.)
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
4 GB of RAM
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
COVID REQUIREMENTS: Students must follow University Covid protocols. Please see updates here.
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our FAQs and policies and procedures regarding registration, safety protocols, curriculum, technology, and more for summer programs.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the program starts with all necessary details including camp schedule, supply list, web links, etc. For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.