INTRO TO GRAPHIC DESIGN WORKSHOP ONLINE
SUMMER 2022 INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE IN FEBRUARY!
From the design process to color theory and typography, students will learn the fundamentals of graphic design, using various photo editing software and project-based learning. Students will learn how to recreate professional media and advertisements, as well as create their own designs. During the course of the week, students will work on a variety of mini-projects to build the necessary skills to design and develop a final project piece that allows them to use their creativity and unique perspective.
You might also be interested in our JumpstART Advanced Portfolio Prep Online, July 12 – 16, 2021.
New STEAM Curriculum: Students will explore the artistic process with a STEAM approach and seek creative solutions alongside other students their age. Through guided projects and peer feedback, students will have the opportunity to interact with other artists and share their interests in all things digital illustration!
Ages: 13 – 18
Dates: July 19 – 23, 2021 (M-F)
Times: 10:00 am – 2:30 pm EST
Location: Online (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Access to free Photopea web-based editing tool
- Preferred, but not required: Adobe Photoshop
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
4 GB of RAM
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
Instructor: Casey Shannon
Art Educator at Fairfax County, VA
Read about Mr. Shannon
Director: Justin Sutters, Ph.D.
Mason School of Art Professor
Read about Dr. Sutters
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our FAQs and policies and procedures regarding registration, safety protocols, curriculum, technology, and more for summer programs.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the program starts with all necessary details including camp schedule, supply list, web links, etc. For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.