INTRO TO MUSIC THEORY SUMMER WORKSHOP
SUMMER 2019 INFORMATION WILL BE UPDATED BY JANUARY 15, 2019!
Take your musicianship to the next level with one of our new Music Theory Workshops! Courses are open to all instrumentalists and singers, and will develop crucial aural, analytical, and interpretative skills that will create well rounded musicians. Elements of music history will also be explored. Whether you’re new to the theory world or preparing for college-level music theory courses, our Intro and Advanced level workshops will provide the perfect learning environment for you.
SEE SUMMER 2018 BLOGPOST (coming soon!)
Ages: 9-12 years & 13-18 years
Dates: July 16-20, 2018
Times: Depends on age group (see below)
Location: Mason Community Arts Academy Building in Fairfax
*Aftercare not available for this program
9:00 a.m.-12:00 n (M-F)
13-18 Age Group
1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. (M-F)
Older teens might also be interested in the Advanced Music Theory Workshop, July 23-27, 2018.
The rudiments of Music Theory will be covered in this workshop:
- Reading notes in multiple clefs
- Spelling scales in Major keys, various types of minor, and modes
- Understanding rhythm, pulse, and meter
- Constructing diatonic triads in a variety of keys
- Transposing melodies
- Composing and identifying cadences
- Introducing analysis of short works
- Composing and analyzing your own Minuet
- In addition, we will be singing in solfege and constructing scales and triads at the piano.
Instructor: Drew Robertson
Read about Mr. Robertson
Email questions to email@example.com
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding withdrawals, refunds and more for summer programs.
- All students will receive an Intro to Music Theory For Ages 9-12 Welcome Letter 2018 OR Intro to Music Theory For Ages 13-18 Welcome Letter 2018 via email at least 1 week before the program starts with all necessary details including drop off, pick up, what to bring, etc. Feel free to call the Academy office with questions at 703-993-9889.
To register by phone or request a paper registration form, please call the Academy office at 703-993-9889.