SUMMER 2020 INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE IN JANUARY
INTRO TO MUSIC THEORY SUMMER WORKSHOP
Take your musicianship to the next level with one of our Music Theory Workshops! Courses are open to all instrumentalists and singers, and will develop crucial aural, analytical, and interpretative skills that will create well rounded musicians. An introduction to music history will also be explored. Whether you’re new to the theory world or preparing for college-level music theory courses, our Intro and Advanced level workshops will provide the perfect learning environment for you.
SEE SUMMER 2019 BLOGPOST (coming soon!)
Ages: 8-12 years & 13-18 years
Dates: July 15-19, 2019
Times: Depends on age group (see below)
Location: Mason Community Arts Academy Building in Fairfax
Extended Day option not available for this program
We are sorry; this program has been cancelled.
9:00 a.m.-12:00 n (M-F)
13-18 Age Group
1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. (M-F)
The rudiments of Music Theory will be covered in this workshop:
- Reading notes in multiple clefs
- Spelling scales in Major keys, various types of minor, and modes
- Understanding rhythm, pulse, and meter
- Constructing diatonic triads in a variety of keys
- Transposing melodies
- Composing and identifying cadences
- Introducing analysis of short works
- Composing and analyzing your own Minuet
- In addition, we will be singing in solfege and constructing scales and triads at the piano.
Older teens might also be interested in the Advanced Music Theory Workshop for ages 14-18.
Instructor: Drew Robertson, Mason Community Arts Academy Faculty
Email questions to email@example.com
Read about Mr. Robertson
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding withdrawals, refunds and more for summer programs.
- All students will receive an Intro to Music Theory For Ages 9-12 Welcome Letter 2019 OR Intro to Music Theory For Ages 13-18 Welcome Letter 2019 via email at least 1 week before the program starts with all necessary details including drop off, pick up, what to bring, etc. Feel free to call the Academy office with questions at 703-993-9889.
To register by phone or request a paper registration form, please call the Academy office at 703-993-9889.
“The amount of detail within Mr. Robertson’s lessons was great.” – Music Theory Workshop 2018 ParticipantSee More Testimonials