PIANO ADVENTURES ONLINE
SUMMER 2022 INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE IN FEBRUARY!
Piano Adventures Online is an introductory class for the piano and an opportunity for students to meet virtually in a fun social setting! Each class will include games to get to know one another, a video tutorial of the days lesson, and piano activities relating to learning basic techniques of playing. Other activities include keyboard identification and an introduction to basic rhythm and music notation symbols. Following the video lesson, students will play short pieces for each other and receive teacher feedback. (Note: Parent involvement is highly encouraged.)
Piano students (minimum 1 year of private lessons) with advanced beginner, intermediate, or advanced skills should join our Piano Academy for ages 8-18.
Ages: 6 – 9
Dates: July 5– 9, 2021 (M-F)
Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Keyboard or Piano set up in a well-lit, quiet environment. See Setup Guideline.
- Students are encouraged to set up their devices to allow instructors to view hands at the piano during lessons.
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
8 GB of RAM (tablets may not be fast enough to work with software)
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
Dr. Kelly Nam
Mason School of Music Faculty
Read about Dr. Nam
Prior to joining Mason Community Arts Academy at George Mason University, Dr. Nam taught at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, CT and the University of Wisconsin, Madison in Madison, WI.
“My son had been hating piano lessons before camp. Piano camp changed all that. He came home every day from camp and said how much he loved it! He now loves the piano and wants to keep going! It’s all because of the wonderful teacher!” – Summer Piano Adventures 2018 ParentSee More Testimonials
“I loved how excited my son was after class and how happy he was to go back.” – Summer Piano Adventures 2017 Parent
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our FAQs and policies and procedures regarding registration, safety protocols, curriculum, technology, and more for summer programs.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the program starts with all necessary details including camp schedule, supply list, web links, etc. For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.