Summer Piano Adventures
In this fun one-week summer piano camp, students will be introduced to the piano, musical notation, rhythm, fingering, and the musical alphabet through games and exercises. They will learn songs on the piano and perform in class groups. One part of the program time will be spent in the piano lab (one child per piano), and the other will be in an open classroom space where students will explore other musical activities through singing and movement. Students will be introduced to classical composers and different musical genres, and they will compose their own short pieces to perform in a final presentation.
Dates: July 18 – 22, 2023
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: Mason Community Arts Academy Building in Fairfax, VA
Covid Safety Information
- Mason Community Arts Academy follows all safety protocols required by George Mason University. Visit our COVID Safety Guidelines for more information.
- Mask & PPE Requirements—Masks are optional, but strongly recommended, for students and faculty in all programming. *See University Policy on Face Coverings for full details.
- George Mason Offers Covid Vaccine Appointments
Information coming soon!
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for summer group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details.
- Online registration closes 2 business days before the first class, however space may still be available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. A $10 late registration fee may apply.
- Limited scholarship funds are available for families in need of financial assistance. To apply, please visit: https://masonacademy.gmu.edu/about-us/financial-aid/. For families in need of extended payment plan installment options, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.