Are you tech-savvy and love music? Have you ever wondered what makes your favorite songs sound so good? Then you might like being an audio engineer!
At the Music Recording Studio Camp, we will focus on recording and editing original music in a state-of-the-art recording studio. You will use an industry-standard digital audio workstation to record and mix your own songs, just like a professional audio engineer. You will learn to identify microphone types, how to place microphones for both individual instrument and ensemble settings, and techniques for editing audio. You will also learn how to operate recording studio hardware devices including mixers and microphone preamps.
At the end of camp, we will have a showcase of the projects you have recorded!
All students with musical and/or audio engineering interests are welcome!
- Basics of digital audio
- Audio recording and editing in Pro Tools
- Microphone types
- Microphone placement
- Operating recording studio hardware
- Engineering a session for a musical artist
Dates: July 15 – 19, 2024
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Location: Mason Fairfax Campus, deLaski Performing Arts Building
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for summer group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details.
- Online registration closes 2 business days before the first class, however space may still be available. Please contact email@example.com for more information. A $10 late registration fee may apply.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.