SINGER / SONGWRITER SUMMER WORKSHOP
SUMMER 2022 INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE IN FEBRUARY!
Do you have a melody stuck in your head? Do you have ideas for song lyrics but don’t know how to take the next step? Develop creative songwriting techniques and skills to add to your musical toolbox at the Singer/Songwriter Workshop. Begin writing your own songs or learn to arrange and refine your existing works, plus receive valuable performance tips and vocal training/ coaching. Students will have an opportunity to record their original song in a state-of-art recording studio and present a coffeehouse-style performance of group and solo pieces to the class at the end of the week!
You might also be interested in our Music Recording Studio for ages 13-18!
Ages: 13 – 18
Dates: July 26 – 30, 2021
Times: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (M-F)
Location: Mason Fairfax Campus, deLaski Performing Arts Building
After Care option not available for this program
- Singer Mask: Option 1 | Option 2 | Option 3 | Option 4 | Option 5
- Writing supplies: pencils, pens, notebooks
2 spots left!
Songwriting Instructor: Catherine Fields
Composer, Songwriter & Vocalist
Read about Ms. Fields
Ms. Fields’ compositional style emphasizes the beauty of melody, fluent harmonic writing, tone painting, and lyricism. Her approach to both writing and teaching is intuitive, natural, and soulful. She believes that careful study of the great composers and their work is invaluable to students and key to training the ears and the heart to hear. In music, like all the arts, one’s creativity can only be freely expressed with well-developed skills. These include aural skills, fluency in music notation, and an understanding of music theory. She is passionate about providing her students with the tools necessary to bring their sound world to life.
Ms. Fields is in her second year of undergraduate studies in Music Composition with Professor Mark Camphouse. She is currently accepting students of all ages in the beginner to early advanced levels.
Recording Instructor: Pheonix Henkle
Music Producer and Recording Specialist
Read about Henkle
“My favorite parts of the program were getting to be creative and interacting with others during quarantine” – Singer/Songwriting Camp 2020 Participant
“I loved the freedom of creating new music in this camp” – Singer/Songwriting Camp 2019 Participant
- Be sure to check our FAQs and policies and procedures regarding registration, safety protocols, curriculum, technology, and more for summer programs.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the program starts with all necessary details including camp schedule, supply list, web links, etc. For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.
- Questions about parking on campus? Find answers here.