FILMMAKING WORKSHOP FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL
SUMMER 2022 INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE IN FEBRUARY!
Aspiring young producers and actors (rising Grades 6–8) are invited to dive into the creative and exciting world of filmmaking. Film pre-production, production, and post-production will be covered in this two-week program. Students will learn skills in directing, videography, location sound, and editing with professional software. Students will collaborate in instructor–supervised groups to plan, shoot, and edit short fictional films. Final projects will be premiered on the last day!
Ages: 11 – 14 (rising grades 6-8)
Dates: July 5 – 16, 2021 (two weeks)
Times: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (M-F)
Location: Mason Fairfax Campus, Art & Design Building
*After Care not available for Summer 2021
- CDC Recommended Face Mask
- Writing supplies: pencils, pens, notebooks.
Instructor: Lucy Gebre-Egziabher
Mason Film and Video Studies Professor
Read about Ms. Gebre-Egziabher
Director: Ben Steger
Mason Film & Video Studies Professor
“My son was working with the other students on his team and learning the importance of working in a team environment.” – Filmmaking Summer Workshop 2019 Parent
“The camp taught the filmmaking process and editing experience. As a parent, I am also glad the camp discussed the business part of filmmaking.” – Filmmaking Summer Workshop 2019 ParentSee More Testimonials
“You really helped me discover how much I love film more than I thought I would.” – Filmmaking Summer Workshop 2018 Participant
“My favorite part was the filming process and editing.” – Filmmaking Summer Workshop 2017 Participant
“Everyone learning theory and software was my favorite part.” – Filmmaking Summer Workshop 2017 Participant
- Be sure to check our FAQs and policies and procedures regarding registration, safety protocols, curriculum, technology, and more for summer programs.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the program starts with all necessary details including camp schedule, supply list, etc. For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about parking on campus? Find answers here.