Current Positions Open: 2
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Posted March 13, 2019
George Mason University’s Mason Community Arts Academy seeks qualified candidates for the Marketing and Communications Coordinator position. This position works closely with staff members of MCAA to design, coordinate, and implement the Academy’s Marketing and Communications strategies and goals. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Marketing: Advertising and promotions coordination including the creation and management of print and online campaigns and marketing materials, as well as management of social media campaigns;
- Website management: including regular updating of website information, SEO and Google Analytics work, and design changes as needed;
- Communications: creating and maintaining regular newsletters and blog/social media posts, write and distribute press releases and articles as needed, serving as the liaison with the CVPA marketing and communications team, and maintaining and updating customer databases;
- Graphic Design: create artwork and layout design for print collateral and online advertising, create and order t-shirt designs and print-screening as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in marketing or arts/arts management discipline;
- Training in digital marketing/communications and graphic design;
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and advertising creation;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud software;
- An understanding of current advertising and marketing best practices and website/SEO management;
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required for publicity and other promotional materials;
- The ability to prioritize tasks and effectively management duties.
For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/ (search Position 10568z); complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
TEACHING ARTIST – CELLO
The Mason Community Arts Academy at George Mason University seeks candidates for the positions of Teaching Artist of cello. Candidates must support the mission and educational program needs of the Academy. He or she will maintain an active studio of private students. The candidate must have significant experience as a private teacher who understands the needs and capabilities of the developing performer at all stages of artistic development. He or she is expected to create a nurturing, yet challenging teaching and performance environment that fosters successful learning. The candidate is expected to take an active role in recruiting and retaining students. They may also have an opportunity to coach chamber music and/or teach group classes. In an effort to maintain both credibility and visibility within the community, it is expected that the candidate will make a long-term commitment to the Academy and maintain an active performing profile, which includes participation in faculty performance series, both solo and collaborative at the Academy, and beyond. Master of Music, or performance equivalent, with substantial professional performance and demonstrated teaching experience is required.
Please send resume, application, and three letters of reference to Academy@gmu.edu or mail to the address below, attn: faculty coordinator. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Mason Community Arts Academy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating an institutional environment free from discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, marital status, religion, creed, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, family relationship to an employee of Potomac Academy, and gender identity and expression.
Mason Community Arts Academy
4260 Chain Bridge Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
Please check back for future opportunities with us!