Part-Time Viola Instructor/Teaching Artist
The Mason Community Arts Academy at George Mason University seeks candidates for the position of Instructor or Teaching Artist of Viola. Candidates must support the mission and educational program needs of the Academy. They will maintain an active studio of private students, starting with 1-2 consistent days per week. The candidate must have significant experience as a private teacher who understands the needs and capabilities of the developing performer at all stages of artistic development. They are expected to create a nurturing, yet challenging teaching and performance environment that fosters successful learning. The candidate is expected to take an active role in recruiting and retaining students. The candidate needs to be active and responsive in email communication, organized, and a team player with fellow faculty and administrative staff. Bachelor of Music or performance equivalent required and Master of Music or performance equivalent preferred with substantial professional performance and demonstrated teaching experience is required.
Please send résumé, application, and three letters of reference to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
George Mason University’s Mason Community Arts Academy (MCAA) seeks qualified candidates for the Marketing and Communications Coordinator position. This position works closely with staff members of MCAA to design, coordinate, and implement the Academy’s Marketing and Communications strategies and goals. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in marketing or arts/arts management discipline;
- Training in digital marketing/communications and graphic design;
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and advertising creation;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud software;
- Experience with content Management systems (WordPress preferred) and web traffic analytics (Google Analytics, Goode Ads, Facebook ads preferred). Basic HTML coding is desired;
- An understanding of current advertising and marketing best practices and website/SEO management;
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required for publicity and other promotional materials; and
- The ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage duties.
For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.