Fall 2020 registration is open!
DIGITAL ILLUSTRATION: CHARACTER CREATION ONLINE
Learn to illustrate your favorite Disney, Manga, and Anime characters!
In this class young artists will focus on human anatomy and proportions, telling a story in a single image, exaggerating a pose or facial expression to push the mood, color theory to enhance character design, and more. Students will learn and improve their skills in Photoshop (or Krita) through live tutorials, guided lessons, and practice both during and after class hours.
Hands-on for Students, Hands-off for Parents: Students will explore the artistic process with a STEAM approach and seek creative solutions alongside other students their age. Through guided projects and peer feedback, students will have the opportunity to interact with other artists and share their interests in all things anime!
Ages: 11 – 18
Dates: Oct. 3 – Nov. 21, 2020 (8 weeks)
Times: Saturdays, 9:00 – 10:30 am EST
Tuition: $325 (A $10 late fee will be added after Wednesday, September 30)
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and AndroidComputer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
4 GB of RAM
2 GHz processorInternet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Drawing Tablet or iPad with stylus highly recommended
- Access to one of the following software: Adobe Photoshop, Krita, ShotCut, or Procreate (Please note: Instructors will not be able to assist students with software other than those listed above.)
Registration is closed.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details including class schedule, supply list, web links, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at email@example.com.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Saturdays, 11:30 am–1 am EST
Oct. 3–Nov. 21, 2020
Saturdays, 9:30–11 am EST
Oct. 3–Nov. 21, 2020