Spring 2021 Registration is Open!
FLUTE AUDITION PREP AND MASTERCLASS ONLINE
Hone Your Skills with Outstanding Academy Teaching Artist!
Join Teaching Artist Amy Lenk for a constructive and informative class to brush up on your audition prep skills and get a chance to perform and receive feedback. During the first session, Ms. Lenk will lead an excerpt masterclass. You can bring your own excerpts you are working on, or Ms. Lenk can assign a few in advance of the class based on your experience and playing level. During the second session, Ms. Lenk will guide the class through some practical tips for preparing ensemble and college auditions, and also give an overview of what to expect at a professional audition. After this will be a brief mock audition where every participant plays for the group and will receive written comments from the instructor.
High school + level encouraged, or anyone preparing for auditions or play tests.
Ages: 15 – 18
Time: 5 – 6 pm EST
Dates: Thursdays, March 11 & March 18, 2021
Tuition: $45 (A $10 late fee will be added after Tuesday, March 9)
Location: Zoom (Details provided in Welcome Letter)
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone on a tripod or table with internet access and audio/video capabilities. Please check to be sure your computer or device meets these requirements before registering for this program. All online programs require students to have, at minimum: high-speed internet access, a computer/tablet/smart phone with a built-in camera and microphone capable of running the video conferencing tool Zoom. For best performance, here are our recommended technical requirements:
- Operating Systems
macOS 10.13 or newer
Apple iOS and Android
- Computer Speed and Processor
Use a Mac five years old or newer, or other device three years old or newer, if possible.
4 GB of RAM
2 GHz processor
- Internet Speed
Minimum of 1.5 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload
- Operating Systems
Academy Teaching Artist
Read about Ms. Lenk
New to Northern Virginia, Ms. Lenk was most recently active in the classical music scene in Minneapolis. She has held faculty positions at MacPhail Center for Music and University of Northwestern’s Academy of Music. Ms. Lenk is a substitute/extra flute for the Minnesota Opera and has performed with the Mankato Symphony, Metropolitan Symphony, and the Bloomington Symphony. She was recently a featured soloist in the MacPhail Faculty Series and a concerto soloist with the Bethel Philharmonic.
Ms. Lenk received a Master’s of Music degree in flute performance from Indiana University where she was an artistic fellowship recipient. During her time at IU, Ms. Lenk also studied Baroque performance practice at the Early Music Institute. She received her Bachelor of Music degree from Wheaton College. Her past teachers include Thomas Robertello, Jennie Brown, and Julia Bogorad. She has performed in numerous masterclasses led by artists including Jasmine Choi, Bonita Boyd, and Walfrid Kujala. She has also performed at the Eastern Music Festival and the Aria International Summer Music Academy.
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- The Academy will not be responsible for students unable to participate due to a lack of technology and will be unable to offer any refunds in this event.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details, including class schedule, supply list, weblinks, etc.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.