BEGINNER GUITAR TEEN CAMP
This one week workshop for beginners will cover the basics of guitar playing and prepare the student for individual lessons or a school guitar program. Guided by Mason Community Arts Academy Teaching Artists, students will learn guitar notation forms, how to play melodies, and strum chords. An acoustic guitar (nylon strings recommended) is required.
Ages: 13 – 18
Dates: July 11 – 15, 2022
Times: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm* (M-F)
Location: Mason Community Arts Academy Building in Fairfax, VA
*After Care is NOT available for this program.
- An acoustic guitar (nylon strings recommended)
- Writing supplies: pencils, pens, notebooks
COVID REQUIREMENTS: Students must follow University Covid protocols. Please see updates here.
Registration is closed.
Instructor: Brian Slaymaker
Academy Teaching Artist
Read about Mr. Slaymaker
“I like learning to read music and the exposure to different types of music” – Beginner Guitar Summer Camp 2020 Participant
“My daughter loved everything about the program. The time of the class is perfect.” – Beginner Guitar Summer Camp 2020 Parent
“I really appreciated the half-day nature of the program, the book as part of the package, the one-on-one time between student and teacher, and the performance at the end.” – Beginner Guitar Summer Camp 2017 Parent
- Be sure to check our FAQs and policies and procedures regarding registration, safety protocols, curriculum, technology, and more for summer programs.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the program starts with all necessary details including drop off, pick up, what to bring, etc. Feel free to contact the Academy office with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about parking on campus? Find answers here.