Have you ever wondered how your favorite songs are put together? Have you ever wanted to learn how to use computers and technology to make your own music? This camp will introduce you to the artistic and technical skills needed to produce professional-sounding music tracks. Working in a state-of-the-art facility, we will learn about Digital Audio Workstations, drum and synthesizer programming, vocal production, and arranging for different musical styles. At the end of camp, we will present a listening party showcasing the tracks you have produced!
- Digital Audio and DAW Operation using Ableton Live
- Drum Machine Programming
- Synthesizer Programming
- Using effects and mixing tracks
- Identifying and writing in different musical styles
- Song structure and form–strategies for composition
- Elements of live performance using Ableton Live and Music Technology
Day 1: DAW Operation / drum machine programming / building song structure using drum patterns
Day 2: Scales, basslines, bass synthesizers, and MIDI recording/quantizing
Day 3: Chords, chord progression basics, chordal instruments, final project decisions
Day 4: Effects processors, recording audio, and final project work
Day 5: Mixing tracks, using EQ, titling tracks, and preparing for final project presentations.
Dates: July 31 – August 4, 2023
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Location: Mason Fairfax Campus, deLaski Performing Arts Building
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding registration, withdrawals, refunds, and more for summer group classes.
- All students will receive a Welcome Letter via email at least 1 week before the class starts with all necessary details.
- Online registration closes 2 business days before the first class, however space may still be available. Please contact email@example.com for more information. A $10 late registration fee may apply.
- For additional information, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.