Vivace! Intensive Program
An intensive musical program for music students seeking to enliven, enhance and intensify their musical studies, and to connect with a community of other dedicated young musicians. Students who complete all the requirements will receive special recognition in the recital programs and will get a VIP Certificate from the academy. Special guest speaker events will be offered to Vivace students during the year.
To successfully complete the program, participants will:
- Attend weekly private lessons (45 or 60 min in length)
- Complete at least one music class per semester from our fall & spring classes or the 6-week mini-sessions.
- Attend two concerts per semester (visit Center for the Arts Performances, Mason student performances, Strathmore and the Kennedy Center or any other venue you attend! Also watch for emails from Mason Academy Parents for group tickets.)
- Attend Vivace! Events: Opening gathering and end-of-the-year party
- Participate in two studio classes (1 per semester)
- Perform in the Winter Recital
- Perform in the Spring Juried Recital
To be eligible, a student must
- Have a minimum of one year of private lessons
- Be age 8 and up
- As your instructor to submit the Teacher Recommendation Form
Dates: August 26, 2019–June 12, 2020
Ages: 8 or above
Application Fee: $50.00 (does not include cost of private music lessons, elective classes or concert tickets)
Location: Mason Community Arts Academy Building
- Please note that group classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Be sure to check our policies and procedures regarding withdrawals, refunds and more for fall or spring group classes.
- All students or parents will receive a welcome email at least 1 week before the class starts. Call the Academy with questions at 703-993-9889.
- Parking is free at the Academy, but you must display a dashboard parking pass (available at the office).