Mason Community Arts Academy concluded its Summer Arts at Mason 2020 programming online with new records. Throughout the week, hundreds of students engaged in live-streamed classes, guest artist presentations, and one-on-one coaching with Mason faculty, industry professionals, and special guests. Some of the students participated from different time zones, logging on from the West Coast, and even from other countries. Here is a snapshot of Summer 2020 at the Academy:
- 1023 participants in Summer Arts at Mason Online Programs
- 74 online programs for all ages
- 5 creative categories: acting, music, film & video, visual art, and teacher training
- Students were streaming from 11 countries and 32 states, including District of Columbia
- More than 100 faculty and guest artists teaching in at least one of the online programs
- 70% of our teaching staff, guest artists, and program assistants are Mason faculty, students, and alumni
- 306 students continued online private music lessons throughout summer
- 1954 music lessons booked in summer 2020
We are extremely proud of our accomplishments and cannot thank enough to our students, families, faculty, and staff for their continuous support.
- “Expand Your Musical Theater Repertoire” and “Monologue Repertoire & Audition Technique” workshops for teens ages 12-18
- NEW Early childhood classes for toddlers and children 18 months-6 years
- Digital Art & Technology classes for ages 11-18
- Music and Art classes for adults
All classes will be held in a live-streamed, interactive format with supplemental materials or videos for more individualized learning.